Chapter 25: All As One

Chapter 25

ALL AS ONE

I hated Naami. I hated that bitch and I didn't know why some part of me—a huge part of me was telling me to save her. I let her sneaked out, okay I was wrong at that part, but it was her life. She decided to find herself. She decided to set herself free from the shadow of someone she would never be.

I was annoying, selfish as they said, but if Naami aimed to change her life, why would I stop her? Why would anyone stop someone from trying to move on from their past?

Perhaps it was the reason why I wanted to save her despite the hate. Her courage was better than mine; Naami was better than me who always put me into the depth of vengeance and hatred.

Consequences might hit hard—this was one of the consequences, and she has to face it.

Stepping on the gas of the car I borrowed from someone, I dialed Jake's number. The guard let me pass the gate as if he knew what was going on.

Going out of Rapsodhee High was forbidden. Punishment would be waiting, but I didn't give a shit at all. I was about to save Naami's life, the Player's daughter. If Naami was important to him, he would be thanking me instead.

Pinasibad ko ang sasakyan palayo sa Rapsodhee High. I didn't have a driver's license yet, but who cares? I was up to something at walang pulis ang pwedeng humuli sa akin ngayon. It would be fun kung makikipaghabulan ako sa mga pulis. Matagal-tagal na rin nang huli ko iyong nagawa.

Jake didn't pick up the call. Perhaps he was busy saving Naami. I heaved a sigh to calm myself down before I dialed his number again and put the phone on loudspeaker. Dapat kong intindihin ang sitwasyon nila. Walang maitutulong ang init ng ulo ko ngayon.

"Temple!" naputol ang pag-iisip ko nang pasigaw na sagutin ni Jake ang tawag ko. Sa wakas.

"Where the hell are you?" mas malakas ang sigaw ko.

"We are chasing the kidnapper's van. Naami is fighting inside," he said. I heard the roar from an engine of a motorcycle. And gunshots. And did he say the word we? Who was he with?

"Give me your location," pautos kong sabi. Pinakinggan ko nang maayos ang sagot n'ya. Napakunot pa ang noo ko dahil mahirap intindihin ang mag sinabi niya dahil sa mga komosyon na naririnig ko mula sa kabilang linya. "Say it again."

Jake repeated the location to make it clear. I nodded as if he was just in front of me then I dropped the phone without turning the call off. I took a U-turn without decreasing the speed. Ramdam ko ang bahagyang pag-angat ng kabilang side ng sasakyan. May kaba akong naramdaman, pero agad ko ring pinalis iyon. There was no time for fear.

Every minute, every second of driving was intense. I felt like I wouldn't make it at all. Hindi ako professional driver, kaya kahit alam kong may buhay akong kailangang iligtas ay pinanatili ko ang takbo ng sasakyan sa bilis na alam kong kaya kong kontrolin ang manibela kung may mangyaring hindi inaasahan. Walang maidudulot na maganda kung pati ako ay mapapahamak pa.

I heard Jake and his motorcycle on the other line of the ongoing call. There were gunshots. I chose not to pay attention in a meantime. I should be there first.

Almost thirty minutes passed and I headed to a narrow, crowded street. Cars and people were everywhere. Why did the kidnappers go here? They would easily be busted here.