Chapter 17

~Will's PoV~

"Nico can you get me some bandages?" I asked inspecting the wound on the kid as she threw up in a trashcan. Nico nodded and went to my desk.

He got in my rolly chair and rolled back with the first aid kit. "After discovering these things I may never use my feet again." He said and I snorted but tried to concentrate, it was going to be a busy day.

Last night at the party some Mercury and Hermes kids had gotten into a fauns brew and spiked the punch.
And well, I guess you could imagine what over 100 drunk fully armed and trained kids with ADHD singing "We Are Young" by: "Fun" are capable of.

We're lucky nobody died.

Most of the campers were in the infirmary with major hangovers, weapon related injuries, and some very random spells from drunk Hecate kids. (including Lou Ellen who gave a Dionysus kid snail eyes I scolded her but she kept mumbling he asked for it)

I don't think any of the spells were permanent but I told the kid to contact me immediately if he started to have any desire to eat leaves.

Nico's been my little assistant (though I'm sure if I called him that he'd send a skeleton after me) running or rolling around getting me supplies so I can take care of my patients.

"Will they need you in the second room, they're having a difficult time with row 4, bed 6." Austin said with a handful of boxes of gauze.

I nodded and rushed off trying not to smile at the fact that Nico was right on my heels following me like a little puppy.

"Wow you know this place up and down." He said looking up at me with a mixed expression.

"Yeah well when its all your good for you kinda get use to it.." I said, really I must be a failure as a son of Apollo, which I feel guilty for saying cause I should be greatful for but sometimes I wish I could do more.

I can't sing, I can't play an instrument, I can't write poetry, all I can do is heal.
And sometimes I even fail at that...
That's the worst feeling in the world for me.

When somebody dies on my part.
The bad news I have to give, the insults and threats I receive.

You were supposed to make him better!

How could you let this happen!?

They said you were the best...

I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! HE DIED BECAUSE OF YOU! HE WAS MY BROTHER!

That last one made me jolt back to reality, Nico was snapping his fingers in my face, "Will? Are you okay?"
"Uh, yeah! Yeah.."

"You spaced out and you went really pale.."

I shook my head and smiled laughing a little, "Was I?" He wasn't stupid. "Will what's wrong?" I shook my head again. "Really Neeks nothing!" I say with a smile.

His frown increased but he didn't say anything else. I hid a frown feeling guilty but we all have are secrets we can't tell anyone no matter what.

I don't want him thinking less of me, if he knew of all the people I've let down, everyone I couldn't save he'd probably think of me as a monster.
I don't want that to happen.
I love him to much to tell him the truth.

Nico didn't bring it up for the rest of the day, in fact, he barely spoke, even when we left the infirmary and went to Cabin 13 he didn't say anything.

"Death boy..?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"Should I be?"

"Not yet I think."

He nodded and then pulled off his shirt getting ready to take a nap.

I blushed a little, it's amazing how far he's come with me.
About a month ago he would never consider in a million years even consider getting changed in front of anyone but now he casually does it like it's no big deal.
(Even though its a huge deal for me, I had to look away before I got to flustered)

Once he was done he looked up at me in a questioning way.

"What?" I asked lightly.

"Are you gonna take one too?"

"Ah! N-no... Not today.. Sorry.. I want to.. Work on my archery.."

He shrugged and flopped on the bed with a sigh, burying his head in the pillow, for a moment I reconsidered but I didn't trust my mouth right now, he had the cabin 10 charm speak on me really.

All he had to do was give me a look and I'll slip everything out to him.
Mostly embarrassing things, I once accidentally yelled that I ate a skittle from the trashcan just because he did this cute little head nod thing.

Yeah, its that bad.

I sorta lied instead of going to practice archery I went to the giant Athena statue climbing up on the rim which was pretty dam hard considering the size of it and just stared at the rest of the campers in the distance.

Greeks teaching Romans, Romans teaching Greeks.

A wave of calmness washed over me as I let out a big sigh, i watched the sun start to slowly sink, Sunsets always helped me relax, and not just because it was my dad retiring for the night.

☀💀☀💀☀💀☀💀☀💀☀💀

I think I felt asleep because next thing I know I waked curled up next to the goddess of wisdom's big toe, the moon shone bright and I could hear people calling my name.

I jumped down still slightly drowsy so I fell on my knees with a loud THUMP but quickly picked myself up and shouted that I was here.

Two minutes later I was punched right in the nose causing me to fall right back down.

"WILL SOLACE DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TIME ITS IS?!" I recognized Nico's voice and this n looked at my watch.

"1:30 in the mourning." I say.

I heard galloping and looked over to see Chiron, "Solace you gave us quite the scare, especially Nico, we have several search parties around the camp looking for you."

Nico looked at me and hissed before grabbing my arm and shadow traveled us to the Hades Cabin.
I could see the worry etched in his face along with a lot of anger.

"YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS?!" Wow he's really angry, I could hear a hint of his Italian accent coming back.

"WILL SOLACE SOMETIMES YOU ME JUST WANNA- I JUST WANNA-" he didn't finish instead grabbed the front of my shirt and smashed are lips together.

Holy Schist.