Chapter 20

~Will's PoV ~

Cerberus stayed for a bit before Nico had to bring him back down, he said it wasn't fair he dog had to stay down their for such long periods of times so Nico was going to ask his dad if he could come out at least once a month.

Right now we were with everyone else at the campfire chilling out as my cabin lead the campfire songs.

Nico was leaning against me resting, he's been training hard lately and I'm concerned he's pushing himself.
I have a bad feeling he doesn't want to tell me something but I'm not going to push him considering I'm hiding something to.

Schist.. I can still hear the screaming.
"Valerie.. Nyssa... I'm so sorry.. We.. I.. Couldn't save him.. He wouldn't stop bleeding and.."

"WHAT?!"

"N-no- he can't be dead-! We just lost Charlie- we can't loose-"

I could see how distressed the daughters of Hephaestus were. It had been the first strike of the Cabin 9 curse.

They both looked up at me, I could see the murderous look in Valerie's eyes.
"THIS IS YOU'RE FAULT! ALL YOU'RE FAULT! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO HEAL HIM!"

"Valerie-" Nyssa tried to cut in.

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! HE DIED BECAUSE OF YOU! HE WAS MY BROTHER!"

Valerie tried to lunge at me but Nyssa held her back, both were in tears, Nyssa wouldn't reach my gaze, not Nyssa- we're friends. Does she blame me to..?

"I'm sorry-" I felt my voice crack.
"I'm so sorry, I'm not- I'm just me- I can't save everyone- please-! I'm sorry-" but those words were so useless in this case.

I could apologize all I want but it wouldn't bring their brother back.
I remember Nyssa having to drag Valerie away, how for the longest time I had to avoid the Hephaestus Cabin because every single one of them seemed to resent me.

A failure.