2. Ice Cream With New Friends

I went to my therapist, Linda. I've never liked the thought of having a therapist, but I knew having one was a good idea. Someone to help me with all the crazy.

"I heard his voice again, twice today. They pills tune him out but," I shook my head and let out a long groan.

"Do you think the pills aren't working anymore?" she asked and leaned toward me.

"No there working I just, I forgot to take my lunch med, and I just forgot how scary his voice is. He threatened to kill Ash," I was so close to crying. God, why am I so emotional?

"Ok tell you what forgot one more time I'll have your teachers know that you need to take your meds ok? I know you want to keep it a secret but, your mind is scaring you. You need to feel safe,"

I nodded my head. just the same threat and speech she always gives me, so helpful.

"I need to pick up Ash from school," I said bored as my way of an excuse to leave.

"Okay, call me if you have any more problems, "

"Thank you, Linda,"

"No problem dear,"

"How was school kiddo?" I asked when Ash walked out of school.

"Good," he answered handing me a paper.

"This your math test?"

He nodded his head. I took it and looked it over, a grin captured my face.

"A- nice. Wait there teaching you how to solve for X in third grade?"

"Yes, and I aced it," He smiled.

"Well this is amazing,"

I was so proud of him, I took him out for ice cream. its an unwritten rule that we get ice cream when we do well and he really deserved it.

I got a milkshake and he got a superman double scoop.(his normal order)

I handed him a napkin and when I looked up, Ethan and a couple kids from school got out off a car. He looked at me and walked up to me. great now I have to explain my disappearing act from earlier.

"Are you alright?" he asked

well, I'm glad it didn't bother with small talk...

"Yeah, I'm fine, it -''

I was cut off by my phone ringing. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the caller ID. Dad.

"Hey, dad what's-"

"The school called said you left in the middle of class?"

well, isn't that nice of the school? Just call my dad get me in trouble.

"Yeah i-i forgot to take my medicine after lunch and I started to hear whispers and I panicked at went to Linda, picked up Ash and I took him out for ice cream."

"Honey you can't forget, it's been seven years and you haven't forgotten why now?"

"I-i don't know. I won't forget again I promise,"

I shook my head. He just cares onyx let him.....

After that said are goodbyes and hung up.

Ethen was still there waiting for me. Dude take a hint!

"You take meds?" Ethen asked

"Yes, but I don't how it's your business,"

"It's my business because in the middle of a conversation you started mumbling and almost destroyed your backpack looking for your medication, and you looked so scared like you were being held at gunpoint." He whispered

Wow, how do you responded to that?

"Yeah, I'm fine just the voice in my head threating to kill my little brother no worries!"

"Onyx I finished," Ash said tugging at my leg.

I smiled and lifted him up. perfect timing Ash!

"Did you eat it or try paint yourself a new face?"

I took a napkin and wiped off his face the best I could.

"Who's that?" Ash asked pointing at Ethan.

I hesitated for an answer. Um, some guy that I got partnered up with that now thinks I'm crazy...

"I'm her friend, Ethan," he reached out his hand and Ash shook it. Well, I wouldn't but it that way but...

"I'm Ash, and my sister doesn't have friends,"

"Ash!" I scolded, Ethan chuckled. Oh, we are so talking about this later!

"Well she does now," He gave me a look, it was a mix of happy and confused. It made my cheeks blush.

"So since you left we were left with Romeo & Juliet. I know not the first pick, but it should be good,"

"It's fine," I said waving it off.

He handed me the old book and went to join his friends.

A car horn beeped twice and I saw dad's 2013 Ford pick-up.

I buckled Ash up and got in the passenger's seat.

"Superman ice cream Ash?" Dad asks when he saw his face.

"Yeah, I tried to get it all off,"

"Well he's going to need a super bath when he gets home,"

"Dad your not funny," I said trying to hide a smile.

"Is that why you're smiling?"

"Am not!"

"Tell that to your face!" Ash said from the back seat.

I just shook my head and told dad to drive.