22. My Moms Friend Hates Me

"No, no, no, no!" I groaned as I flipped through Facebook pages of people named Alice.

"Oh my god!" I shut the laptop and plopped next to me. I rubbed my eyes. I need to find Alice, whoever that is.

"what are you doing in here? cause it seems like the home of stress," Spike teased.

"soo not in the mood spike !" I fall onto my back.

"Alright what's up?" he sat next to me.

"I need to find an old friend of mom's, her name is Alice but I don't have the last name," I explained.

"you mean like Fisher?" Spike commented. I sat up.

"is that the name?" I asked more to myself the spike. I grabbed my laptop and typed in her name. I clicked on her name and a law firm website popped up, dad's work firm.

"Oh, my bacon! she works with dad!" I checked the time and saw it was almost lunchtime. "I have to go!" I said grabbing my slip on and stumbling as I tried to walk while putting them on.

I was in front of the firm's office building a half an hour later. Thank god for the mertro. I got Alice's office number and started my search. 309. I was in front of the door in seconds. I knocked.

"come on in," a voice called. I opened the door and looked at Alice, she had long wavy blonde hair and a simple face. she looked up and smiled.

"I'm Onyx Rawling, I think you knew my mother," I held out my hand but she backed away.

"What are you doing here?" she used her chair like a shield.

"I some questions about this," I set the photo of mom on her desk. she peered over her chair and she gulped.

"what happened, why is my mother trying to summon Satan?" I asked frustrated.

"you don't know?" she asked sheepishly.

"would I be asking if I did?"

she let out a sigh of air and sat down in her office chair. she motioned for me to sit.

I sat and looked at her waiting for her to start.

"when your mother and I were young, we went on the last days of summer road trip. we are young cooky teenagers, we thought we knew everything. one night we were on the road and we had a little to drink. we got in a crash, it was our fault. the man in the other car died. both me and your mom covered it up. but I and your mom knew we'd go to hell.so she wanted to try to save us, so she drew a pentagram on the floor. I took photos to remember it." she tapped the photo on her desk." I didn't think it would work. but it did. of course, we had to make a deal, in order for our souls to be speared she had to have-"

there was a knock at the door, the knob turned and my dad peeked his head in. I widened my eyes. No! I was just going to get my answers, the truth.

"Onyx what are you doing here?"

"i-i," think Onyx! ," Ms.Fisher is an old friend of mom's I had questions." I answered. not a total lie.

dad eyed me than Alice, then the photo. He came and picked up the photo, then grabbed my upper arm and dragged me into the hallway.

"Onyx! What is this!"

"A photo of mom, I found it in that box, I think it may explain what's happening around the house" I mumbled.

"What do you mean what's happening around the house?"

"The photo frame and ash's sickness and why grandma won't talk about the fire, what I remember from the fire! The burn marks at the old house,"

"What? Onyx the frame kept breaking because it wasn't hanged right, and people get sick,"

"But Alice she told and starting to make sense, she took a photo and she just told what happened and she was about to tell me-"

"Onyx! Listen to yourself!" he yelled.

I shut my mouth.

"Onyx I thought you said you were getting better?"

"I-i I am. I just this isn't in my head!" I gasped

"No your not! Onyx don't you see your making nothing into something,"

"I knew it! I knew you would believe me! That's why I didn't tell you! You'd blame the pills! If this were ash it would be different!" I yelled grabbed the photo out of his hand and walked home in no rush to get home.