25. With a Psychopath

I couldn't take the pills, they wouldn't stay in. the voices faded a bit, the dreams got worse. I stayed in bed most of the time and didn't let anyone in. my face was always stained with tears. There was a knock on the door. A special knock that dad came up with so I knew that it was him. I got up and unbolted the door. I hugged my torso and sat back on the bed. Dad sat next to me and put an arm around my back.

"I hope you don't mind but I had dinner plans planned tonight and I'm going forward with them. It's here at the house, it's the doctor that helped me recover after the incident."

I nodded my head and looked down.

"You don't have to stay the whole night but I would like it if you would stay for the dinner portion."

I nodded and motioned to the closest.he got out a black dress with one sleeve and reached mid thigh. He laid it on my desk. He gave me a pitying look and left. I curled my knees up to my chest and hugged my knees. I rested my head on my knee caps.

"Stop looking so miserable, you're no fun like that," Jack complained.

"Just go away," I muttered.

"Onyx?" Ash asked as peeped his head the door.

"Ash! I told you not to come in here!" I said

"I wanted to see how you were doing,'' he muttered.

"Ash I need to be left alone," I said getting up and turned around.

"You look like you've been crying, that's a sign that you're not feeling good," Ash said.

"I know,"

"You know that Ethan has been here 5 times called the home phone 10 time your cell 24 times and left you 50 text messages." he counted on his fingers.

" I just need time Ash," I whispered and shut and the locked the door.

⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫

At 7 I pulled on the dress, I pulled my the crown of my hairs back and pinned it so it had a little poof and curled the rest. I put on some fake diamond dangly earrings and pulled on some lace-up black heels. I but on eyeliner and mascara and tried my best to cover the redness that the tears left. I stood up shakily and practiced walking back and forth to get used to the heels. There was dad's special knock at the door and opened it, Ethan was there dressed in a suit and tie.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"Your dad called said you needed a date. I mean he called me Methan, but," he shrugged his shoulders. He held out an arm for me and I looped my arm through.

"I'm sorry I haven't talked to you in a while. I don't if it helps, but I haven't talked to anyone. It's not an excuse but-" I was interrupted by his lips on mine.

"It's fine I understand,"

"Onyx! Bethan! Get down here! He's here!" dad called.

I laughed at Ethan for dad miss naming and went stairs.

"You look very pretty," dad complimented.

"Thanks," I whispered.

There was a knock on the door and dad opened the door. I froze when the doctor came into the house, I knew that face anywhere. Jack.

I screamed. I turned to Ethan and back to Jack.

"Get away from me! Get away!" I screamed I covered my mouth and ran back upstairs. I took off my shoes and pulled on skinny jeans. I pulled off the dress and pulled on a long black shirt, and slipped on some slip on. I had to get out of here. My door slammed open.

"ONYX WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED DOWN THERE!" dad yelled, no he more than yelling.

"It's him," I cried." I know I'm off my pills but I swear it's him, it's Jack,"

"Onyx you're kidding!"

"Fine, what did he look like?" I snapped

"Fine! Black hair black eyes, a muscular structure,"

"That's him I'm not hallucinating," I said relieved then I tensed. " ash! No! where is Ash?"

I ran down stairs.

"-grade are you in Ash?" I heard Jack ask. I reached for Ash and shielded him with my body.

"Ethan gets ash in your car," I said. He started to protest but I a gave him a glare and he surrendered.

" you know, I know who you are. And you know that I know who you are. So just tell me what you want?" I snapped trying to hide my fear.

"I'm sorry I don't know what you mean," Jack said but he put a smug smile on his face.

"I'm so sorry doctor, onyx please go back to your room." dad sighed.

"No!" I yelled at him." no dad I need answers, go outside and wait with the boys!"

"Onyx!" dad yelled. Anger flared through all my nerves. How couldn't he see that I was trying to save him, to help him? The candlestick in the table tipped over and the table caught on fire. I didn't waste a second I grabbed dad's hand and dragged him outside. I pulled him into the car.

"Drive,'" I told Ethan.

"Where?" he asked

"The fire station," I said just anywhere but here.

⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫⧫

When we got back to the house Jack was gone and the fire was out, the house was fine but there were burn marks on the table. I didn't talk to anyone, I went to my room and locked it. Then I went into my bathroom and locked that door too.