12. Telling

Ethan took my hand and lead me down the hall with him, after my morning pills of course. We stopped in front of the door to my father's hospital room. I felt guilty, my only job, while he was healing, was to go to school and watch Ash. Not go deaf, and end up in the hospital next to him by....by, by what? I had no clue what happened and what caused that noise. At least Ash was safe, I managed to keep him from damage harm. I swallowed a golf ball size lump in my throat as Ethan opened the door. I walked taking a small steps, once Ethan figured out what I was trying to do he put his hands on my shoulders and stood behind me and made me go faster. Dad blinked and turned his head toward us and said something but I couldn't pick up anything. He gave me a strange look, he must be waiting for an answer. I looked up at Ethan and wide eyed . Ethan's eyes softened more if that's possible. He let his hand drop to his sides and pulled a seat up to my father. Ethan started to talk to my father, I tried to follow the conversation but it was pointless and I gave up. But I guess Ethan was telling about my problem because dad kept sending pitying looks my way. Something slithered around my legs and I felt my throat vibrate like a was screaming. I looked down to see Ash swinging around my legs. I took a breath and calmed down. Ash cocked an eyebrow confused. He started to say something but not even Barry Allen was fast enough to catch what he said, then again he had super healing and would be able to hear again by now. I looked around the room for help but my father and Ethan only frowned. Dad said something and Ash let go of my leg and climbed into the bed. Dad starting to talk to ash, and i opened my mouth but no words came out and I closed my mouth. They all looked at me, I must have said something.

"What?" I asked I think

Ethan got out his paper and pen and passed it to ash. Ash started to scribble on the paper and then handed it to me. It took me a few seconds to work through his so bad handwriting to finally understand what he wrote.

I'm soo sorry ONyX I sHouLd HavE proTected my seLf. T hen You couLd StiLL heaR.

I looked at him.

"This is not your fault, I lost my hearing because I didn't want you to get hurt."

I hoped I said

Ash rammed his head into my gut and wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt his little tears bleed into my shirt. I hugged his head and let a few of my tears drip down my cheeks.