14. Drinking the Flame

Hearing restored. I can hear everything again, the bird's, ash's laughing and Spike singing put the lime in the coconut. Why......why ....... Oh dear god why!

I tossed and turned and covered my head with a pillow. I can hear again and I'm being toured? I should be having a party! Unable to take the unholiness of spikes voice I flung the pillow at the door, tossed off my covers and stormed downstairs.

"You put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot' up, you-" Spike stopped at letting Ash take the lead.

"-put the lime in de coconut-"

"FOR THE LOVE OF BACON! SHUT UP!" I yelled, not caring how dramatic I sounded.

"What? We just wait. how did you know we were singing? Isn't your hearing all hearing all jacked up," he asked questioningly.

"Looks like its back and I was greeted with you poor, poor singing voice, I think I saw a dead bird outside, what would snow white think?" I sethed

"I think she would drop prince charming, and fall for my Devilish looks,"

I gave him a hard glare then went over to the griddle where he was making pancakes, I picked one up at threw it at his face. I went to the other when I noticed that they weren't shaped in circles, there were shaped like murder weapons. Knives and guns. I picked one up and showed it to him.

"Is this tire iron?" it was silly I even had to say that.

" good eye Ash was having trouble with that one,"

"wait-wait-wait, you were playing what murder weapon is this with pancakes? With a seven-year-old!" I lost interest in my voice range, for all I know there was screaming so loud the houses near us could hear us. I didn't want to look at him so I looked at the stove, there was a pan and the flame flickered under it. I watched the way it moved, it looked like it was dancing, it moved around so quick like it was running. My eyes grew more intrigued by the flame. I felt a slight rocking. I blinked and hear my name being called,

"Onyx Hey, has she had her pill yet?" Spike said

"No," I murmured.

I heard feet pound on the stairs, I still watched the flame. Then it was gone. I looked around and found spike next to the stove, and on the knob, mouth in an O.

"What?' i snapped,"what happened to my flame,"

"Did you just say my flame?" he asked.

Ash went to the sink and filled a glass of water. Spike guided me to a chair and I let him. Ash handed my pills and the water. I reached out, and my hands shook. I downed the pills.

"Alright I'm done you need a night out, when is the last night you were out?"

"For your information, I went on a date last week,"

"Oh so miss flame has a boyfriend?"

I sensed something bad about to happen. Spike looked at Ash and they started in unison.

"ONYX HAS A BOYFRIEND! ONYX HAS A BOYFRIEND!" they skipped around me, I slapped my hand against my head so many times I lost count.

At 7 pm I put on skinny jeans a baggy gray tank and a black leather jacket that reached my elbows I put on some heels that were like shortcut boots, but the toes were exposed, and there were little holes that showed my feet. I put my hair into a messy bun and little parts of hair shaped my face. I did a smokey eye for make-up. When I was done I looked good. I went downstairs and grabbed my purse.

"Ready," I asked spike when I saw him. He was wearing a black tee and jeans.

"Yup!"

We drove to the local bar, drunk people piled out as we entered.

"You have a fake I.D right?" Spike whispered to me

I opened my wallet and showed it to him.

"Well Vivian Martian," Said reading the name on the card. "Lets get some drinks.

We went to the bar and sat down on the stools

"So what first? Shots, beer? Oh, I know suicides,"

"We just got here we are not doing suicides first," I exclaimed

"Alright beer first." he almost sounded disappointed.

I leaned over the bar and tapped the bartender's shoulder. She looked at me.

"Do you allow people to smoke in here?" I asked.

"Sure," she shrugged at went down to serve a couple men.

I grabbed my smokes out of my purse and lit it.

"Isn't smoking bad for your lungs, and you uh um your sickness,"

"Yes it is bad, so I try not to do it a lot and my sickness, is fine under pills," I said getting kinda pent up.

"Hey relax, we're here to destress, got it?"

I nodded my head.

"So that means no talk of pills, Billy, photographs. Just drinking and fun. Which I happen to be an expert in,"

He handed me a second beer and the night kicked off.

Some number of drinks later I was on a stage protesting.

"Spike I am wayyy too drunk to sing, and I can't even singgg," I slurred my words and wobbled on my feet.

"It's ok, the people here are so drunk that they might think your lady gaga," Spike said putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Now hit it," he yelled to no one imparticular.

The tune to lime in the coconut started to play.

"You are crazy," I yelled leaning on the mic.

And the rest of the night went in a blur.....