29. Answers

"Stop manhandling me! I'm fine!" I snapped

"Onyx you just got out of a car crash and coma! Let me help you!" Ethan said and picked me up.

"Fine," I grunted

He opened the front door and set me on the couch.

"Hey, where's Spike?" I asked

" we don't know we haven't seen him in awhile," Ethan said covering me in a blanket.

"That dangerous," I mumbled, Ethan, snorted.

"Where is everybody?"

"Out, settling things with the cops."

I nodded my head. Ethan hung out for a couple of hours and then left when his mother called.

I thought back to the night I was kidnapped, I'm not an idiot, I know that something was different with me. Father Rixton touched it and he was fine, I walked through fire and didn't get burned and Jack was the devil, the picture by the door kept breaking, Ashes fever, the fire and the pentagram, moms deal with Jack that I still don't know about, they are all connected. I just don't know how. God this would be so much easier if I could ask mom. Ask mom. No onyx you know how dangerous that is. But it might work and what's the worst that can happen? Satan is already stalking me.

I found the old Ouija board in the basement and carried it back to my room. I pulled out the bored it was old and the would hide cracks in it, the eye was simple wood and a circular piece of glass. I put candles on each corner, they lite on their own. I took in a breath.

"Mom I need you, I call on you Katherine rawling," I felt silly. But when I felt the cold air on my back.

"Mom, you there?"

The eye moved to yes, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh Momma I miss you, we all do. I love you so much and I need your help,"

Ok

" Everything that happening, is it connected?"

Yes

"Is Jack really Satan?"

Yes

"Why won't he leave me alone?"

The deal

"I heard about that, the car accident, but I didn't hear what you promised him in return.'

I'm sorry

"Sorry? Sorry for what?"

You're his.

"What does that mean? He keeps saying that, that he want me not him. Who's him?"

Spike, it was just supposed to be you not both of you.

" spike?! Do you know where he is?"

Yes

"Where?"

Training

"Training? For what?"

The deal

"The deal what do me and Spike have to do with your deal?"

The candles blew out.

"Mom? Mom you still there?"

No answer.

"Onyx let your mother rest in peace," Jack said at my door. I jumped up and went as far back as I could till I hit the wall.

'Why are you so scared of me?'

"You killed ash! You made me dream of me, mudring people! You strangled me! You are the devil!"

"First I didn't really kill ash, second I was preparing you, third you need to remember who you are!" he was getting mad but I didn't care because, for the first time, I was mad at him.

"yeah?And who am I?" I yelled

"You're my daughter!" he yelled

Every thought disappeared in my head, I wasn't mad. I wasn't shocked, I felt nothing

"You're lying," I whispered

my head spun and my eyesight got fuzzy. like I hell was his kid!

He shook his head

"Nope if you didn't block me out for seven years you would have known!" he yelled

"No you're not, Grandama said the man in the picture was my father,"

I pulled out the photo and showed him.

"Look again is it a man or shadow?"

I looked again, he was right.

I looked at him we looked alike, the hair, the eyes, the way are eyebrows arched, the jaw line.

"Your mother soul was spared if she gave me a baby girl,you're mine. But I wasn't expecting spike. I don't want him but rules are rules."

"What rules?"

"Twins, rules state that if the next rules of hell are twins, they duel to the death to see who's stronger, I want you to win."

"I'm not gonna kill spike! And he's not gonna kill me! He loves me!"

"Really? Do you know who tried to run you over? Tried to overdose you on alcohol. The ear-splitting device he put in the house?"

"He wasn't out of jail that day,"

"No, you didn't know he was home that day."

"and what breaking our family photo was what? a threat?"

"no that was me, your mine not his! and I needed you to see that photo. you know the saying, kill two birds..."

" Oh God,"

Spike is trying to kill me.