31. Goodbye

A week, I've avoided Spike for a week. I think he's catching on. It worries me. Dad felt comfortable leaving on a business trip with blade so attached to me. But it made me uncomfortable it gave Spike more of a chance to kill me. I wanted to talk to him, but I knew that wasn't an option. I sighed and pet blades ears. He raised his head and rested it on my leg.

"Ahhh sorry, hell doesn't allow pets," Jack said.

I jumped

"Jack!" I exclaimed clutching my heart

" Oh come let's tried dad, huh,"

I gave him a cold glare.

"too soon, I get it''

I glared harder.

"Ok, ok. I come to deliver news, Spike gonna try to kill you tonight. So you need to kill him,"

"I can't, he's my brother!"

"And you're his sister and he's been trying multiple times," Jack said leaning against my door.

"Ok but he's murdered before, I think you should cut your losses and that the one willing to murder his sister."

"No! I want you!" he yelled, it scared me.

"Ok," I whispered, I backed up closer to the wall.

He disappeared in a flame.

"I can't do this,"

I glanced at the clock on my nightstand. 9:27

I opened the door and knocked on spikes door.

'Come on in,"

I opened the door.

'Spike," I said Horsley.

"Onyx," he said the same way mocking me.

"I know what you've been trying to do,"

was confronting him really the best way to do this?

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the murder attempts, the duel,"

well, the cats out if the bag now....

His eyes narrowed.

"I'm talking about how you were going to try to kill me tonight,"

"How'd you know that?" he jumped off his bed. I ran down the hall, to ash's room. I popped my head in.

"No matter what Ash, stay in your room! Lock the door!" I shut the door and ran to the basement and pulled out a knife I hide when Spike came home. I ran back upstairs and Spike had a gun. last time I checked gun trumped knife.

"Onyx don't take it personally, but I need this," he said pointing the gun at me. I tuned and balanced myself on the wall and it burst into flames. I screamed the front door opened.

"Hello, Rawlings!" Ethan called

"No! Ethan leave," I yelled

I was too late Spike went for the front door. A gunshot rang out.

"Ethan!" I yelled and turned the corner to the house. no! not ethan I was supposed to be the one that dies.

"I'm fine," he grunted, I saw him, his right shoulder was bleeding.

"That's one on you onyx," Spike growled.

"What was that?" Ash asked running down the stairs.

"Perfect," Spike said scooping up ash.

'No Spike please,"

I heard the crackle of the fire eating the walls.

"Spike was are you doing?" all happiness drawing from ash's voice, as Spike held the gun to his head.

Oh god, not ash I can't live without that little dork. The fire spread into the room, and around the door

"How did a fire start?" Ethan panted.

"My fault," I coughed, how was the fire spread so fast?

"Please Spike drop the gun," Ethan grunted

Spike turned and I snapped I took the knife in my hand lunged forward and plunged it straight into spikes heart, he dropped the gun and let go of Ash, I moved ash and twisted the knife. I watched the life drain from his eyes and I enjoyed every second of it.

"Ha, ha, ha, ha!" Jack laughed and I looked up, smiling. My hands stained with Spikes blood.

"I didn't think you could do it."

"But I did it and know you'll me alone and ash and I will be safe even Ethan,"

Jack gave me a puzzled look.

"Oh, darling they are going to die look at them. The fire is too much for their human body's,"

"What? No! I didn't kill Spike to save ash just for him to die!"

"Well," Jack shrugged his shoulders.

"There got to be a way out,"

I looked around the room, the door was swallowed in flames and all paths were blocked by flames.

"You know I could save them, for a deal,"

"Anything,"

"Come to hell with me now, and get them out,"

"I don't care just save them," I pleaded

He gave me a devil smile and the black smoke covered my vision.