8. Taunting

We didn't leave the hospital all night, Ethan stayed with us. Ethan tried to get me to sleep but I just couldn't till dad woke up, thankful everything worked but they put so many drugs in him, he was out cold.

"You want some coffee?" he asked nudging me a little. I nodded.

I rubbed my eyes and looked over at Ash, he fell asleep around ten minutes after we laid him down.

"Oonnyyxxx," Jack whispered

My morning pill I didn't have it.

"It's so sad what's happened to your father,I wonder what happened," his voice was like a snake, so sly.

"You're not real," I whispered

"Oh, onyx tell me you haven't listened to this man, you know that I'm real,"

"No your not I'm sick I haven't taken my pills,"

"Oh my darling girl you are far from sick,"

I felt the slightest feeling of his hand brushing my cheek. I stood up I'm in a hospital they have to have some meds.

"Onyx if you leave then who will watch poor little Ashton?"

That scared me Ashton is ash's full name, which I never use, so why would my subconscious?

I couldn't breathe.

"Onyx, Onyx.." he kept repeating my name.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled covering my ears, but it didn't help it was almost like I was coming from inside me. That's because it is onyx, he's just inside your head.

He got louder. I started to repeat something Linda taught me.

"He's not real, he's not real," I kept repeating that and tucked my head into my knees.

"You can shut me out! Onyx listen to me! Stop that Onyx! You know I'm real!"

"You're not real,you're not real,"

"Onyx what wrong?" I heard Ethan's voice. I reached out to him and grabbed his hand.

"Hey hey, here I thought you might want these," he handed me three small pills. I swallowed them without water,I just wanted Jack gone.

I wrapped my arms around Ethan and waited for the voices to stop.

Dad woke up two hours later.

"Daddy!" Ash yelled

"Ashy!" dad croaked.

I had to pull ash away from dad when he tried to climb on top of him.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"Like I just got stabbed," he chuckled

"Dad stop it you're not funny,"

"That wasn't a joke, I was stabbed!" he smiled.

"Alright kids your dad needs sleep," the nurse said.

"But he just slept for like a trillion hours!" Ash said throwing his hands up dramatically.

"I know but he needs more little man," Ethan said ruffling his hair like I do.

"Come on," I picked up ash and carried him to Ethan's car.

Once we were home ash plopped on the couch.

"You going to be alright?" Ethan asked me.

"Yeah we'll be fine," I answered.

He leaned down and kissed me and left. I smiled and closed the door. I looked over at Ash, his face was in the biggest smile his face could make. He stood up on the couch and ran back and forth.

"ONYX HAS A BOYFRIEND! ONYX HAS A BOYFRIEND! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

" Oh shush," I said

"Mmhh nope, ONYX HAS A BOYFRIEND!"

"Alright you," I threw him over my shoulder and paraded him around. But that only made him yell louder and sing.

"MY BIG SISTER! HER NAME IS ONYX HAS A BOYFRIEND! AND I'M SINGING ABOUT IT!"

I threw him on my bed.

"I'm taking a nap dork,"

"Really? You don't want to call your boyfriend?" he said the boyfriend so weirdly.

"goodnight,"