Chapter 6- Stuck with you

"She's arrived." Aasim informed me over a call. I took a deep breath,"right".I replied, and kept the phone on the centre-table.The maid from yesterday night had helped me to get ready for the day's greetings and other traditions for newly-wed.

Well of course Afaan had left before i woke up, after finally having some more sleep.I took my shower sharply and then the maid came in, helping me get ready and another maid reading from a list the events or rather, to-do list for the day.

Thankfully we finished before Aasim's call came in, so i didn't waste any time in going out to welcome my mother-inlaw, Afaan's Mom.
I made sure I looked good, for an excellent first impression.

The maids took me to the parlour where i was supposed to wait for her to come in. I waited anxiously at her arrival, avoiding the thought of what happened earlier between i and my new torturer, Afaan.

Minutes after, the door opened and a middle-aged woman entered, wearing fully adorned clothes with sufficient make-up on.I quickly stood up to show respect as i was familiar with all these royal stuff.I smiled as she approached me,"welcome ya Ammi", i said bowing my head a little low."She smiled widely as she gave me a simple hug"."Allah bless you my darling", she replied motioning for me to sit down.I sat down on the one-sitter just near hers. She kept smiling as she looked at me. But i was too shy to even look into her eyes again.

"You are so pretty masha Allah", she said nodding her head as if agreeing to something she was told about. "Thank you Ammi, i replied again, Smiling. She was about to say something but the door opened and Afaan entered. I quickly looked down and my heart beat increased it's pace. But i tried as much to act normal so She won't suspect anything.

He sat down near her as they discuss things about his coronation. I became uncomfortable and wondered if i was supposed to leave
, to give them some privacy. I was cut in my thoughts when she said.." Afaan darling, you are so lucky to have her. She's so beautiful, well mannered and pious".I looked down trembling as i knew Afaan wouldn't like this.

"Yes". He replied in a low tone and quickly changed the subject.Then Aasim joined. And as soon as he came in, the whole environment changed to a humorous one. He was teasing Afaan like that was his career. At first i tried to control my laughter but i ended up laughing more than all of them.

"I'm sorry you have to tolerate this naughty brother-in-law of yours, she said as she laughed.I nodded controlling another laughter.

I secretly looked to Afaan and his head was in his hands, he was sighing in defeat."Oh i'm sorry i forgot i shouldn't be saying this in front of sister- in-law, Aasim said as he winked my way, Ammi slapped his arm and he jerked away as if in pain."Okay i will go since i'm not needed here". He added and left.

"He's crazy". Afaan murmured still feeling defeated or rather, embarassed.

--
"Calm down Waleed, Calm down okay?, i'm absolutely fine". I replied to my phone.I've been on call with waleed for some minutes now and he's been repeating the same thing over and over again , how i'm doing, how i find the people there, if i'm already getting along with Afaan and stuff."Alright, I'll come in a week's time to see you", He said and i smiled.

He was becoming over posessive.He then took the phone to Mom and she broke up hearing my voice. Before i knew it, i was in tears too. But i assured them i really love my new home and Afaan is taking care of me.

-
It was already evening and i must say, Ammi ,my mother-in-law is really nice.She seems to be so fond of me. And she doesn't miss out on embarassing Afaan in front of me asking him all about our wedding and where he planned for us to go for honey-moon, but he kept ignoring.