Chapter 32-The News

Hello everyone, i know i'm not worth forgiving but it's obligatory for me to say sorry for this super-duper late update.😥
Anyways, let's meet again at the end of the chapter😉

Ameerah's POV

--
It was a beautiful day , i woke up to the sound of Coughs which clearly was from Afaan.I got up in a sudden motion and reached to where i could hear sounds of something like utensils.I was right, He was in the kitchen doing God knows what.

"You.. you never told me cooking is..this ..difficult", he stuttered then coughed again.

I laughed at his bewildered state.He was making breakfast for the first time.

"You..didn't have to do it".I laughed and motioned towards him.He was stirring a vegetable sauce.I gushed.

"Wow...you never told me you are a good cook.It's looking colorful and mouth-watering!".I complimented his cooking.And he started boasting.

--Hours, days, and weeks went by and Afaan became more and more depressed

--
Hours, days, and weeks went by and Afaan became more and more depressed.The low class life he had to adapt to was getting very hard which was not surprising for he was used to a highly luxurious lifestyle.

My Dad had heard of the tragedy that befalled on the Hussains Family and came all the way from his kingdom to see us.Afaan was not very pleased  of his coming for he felt guilty that he is the cause of which his daughter is suffering.

"I thought Afaan is my Son", my Dad said to me when Afaan was out of sight.

"I simply gave him a gift which i think he really is in need of, and will help him in building up a business.But he rejected it at once and i can't hide how hurt i am".He continued.

"Dad, Afaan considers you as a father as well".I tried to explain.''But as stiff as i know him, he wouldn't accept a gift like money.He believes it's his responsibility to provide his family's needs and he thinks accepting gifts will only break him down.I...i really hope you understand what i mean Dad.I... ".

"It's fine, i understand my dear".My Dad nodded.''I was like him when i was younger, independent and stiff".

It wasn't long before Afaan returned and My Dad and his escorts left Omhajid back to their own palace.

--
It was night time  and we were sitting by a fire place warming up ourselves from the harsh and cold weather.

"I've been wanting to tell you i applied for a job some days ago", Afaan said to me staring at the sparkling fire.

"That's good news", i replied with a smile and began to peel an orange for him.

"I'm not happy with how the news about what happened between me and my brother is spreading so virally.Our reputation is crashing to pieces".He stated sadly.