Chapter 8-I'm taking you home

"So Sister-in-law, this is going to be a surprise. Mr Fan's birthday is tomorrow, and we are going to plan a surprise party for him. I'm going to inform Ammi now right away , But...what's wrong with you today? ..You kinda look unhappy". Aasim asked.

I shook my head and smiled."Alright Bro, a surprise it is then. I think we should meet later to plan everything out". He nodded unsure of my answer.

Afaan is still in Iraq, and i've been in thoughts since the day i read his poem, Shukrah has been pondering in my mind.I didn't know if i should ask Aasim or not, but i decided to leave the matter to after Afaan's birthday.

Later Aasim came with a list of what has to be prepared for the event.I added some fascinating stuff to it and we discussed and planned it out.

I was wondering what i would get him as a gift but i wasn't sure if he would accept it or not. But i made up my mind to get it even if he wouldn't accept it, i could just keep it in his room. So, i went with a driver to a mall, with a help for company. I was directed to the Men's section and i wondered what he would like.

Well since he likes sports, i could buy him anything to do with it. So, i picked up two pairs of Nike boots, A designer swimming glasses and sports back pack.I also chose an elegant swiss-made Bvlgari watch which cost really a ton but i didn't mind paying.

So i took the gifts to a gift shop and they were wrapped together in a fancy way. I put it in a bag that no one could see through and we left for the palace.

The next day Afaan arrived early morning, tired and so he went to sleep which gave me the oppurtunity to keep his gift secretly and proceed to his birthday place. Aasim would be calling him downstairs to the event when he wakes up, trust Aasim to be very good in pranking anyone, especially his brother.

Ammi has been supporting us with the birthday preparations and she made Aasim get him her own gift.

--
It was about four in the evening when Aasim called me to start the celebration as he is bringing Afaan to the place right then. I informed Ammi and we played a birthday song. Aasim had covered Afaan's eyes with a tape when they entered the place before he then removed the tape and i turned on the lights. He was so flabbergasted that he thought it was a dream.I grinned at the way he looked around the place in surprise.We had called some of his friends and relatives to join and thanks to Aasim, for he had made him dress well upstairs.

Afaan didn't look at me but surprisingly he sat just  near me gisting with one of his friends. He looked so happy. Aasim was the camera man and he snapped pictures of every one including me with the celebrant, Afaan, even though Afaan was hesitating. His cake was a simple two-tier one and golden in colour, with a king's crown on it. Afaan kept asking how we planned all that but we just shrugged and ignored him.

I walked to him and uttered "happy birthday", and he replied with "thanks", and a brief smile.

The catering crew arrived and we all ate hungrily including the celebrant of course, trust Afaan to eat to his content anytime, anywhere. Ammi had left leaving me with some helps and female relatives of Afaan.They were nice and so we chatted all through the event.

Atlast the party ended, we all had a good time, and Afaan received many, many gifts.