Chapter 14 - Weird behaviour

I laughed at the message which was from Afaan and replied-
'I knew you liked it'.

I looked to Ammi who was looking at me in awe.I blushed.
"Ammi i came to check on you".I said to her in a shy tone.She smiled and sat near me.

"You are sad about something, don't lie to me, tell me what it is."she said and i felt nervous.
I shook my head but she insisted and i had no choice than to tell her."His highness Sheikh said he is leaving.And we have just started getting along.I confessed without realising i did.

"He is not leaving, he is just getting busy.And about you getting along, better pray not to be close to him because if you do, that boy is really clingy.He'll irritate you and you'll regret ever getting close to him, he's so clingy to those he's close with .

I laughed at Ammi's explanation about Afaan's clingy attitude.I opened my mouth to say something but the door opened and unfortunately it was Afaan.

I quickly got up to leave but Ammi told me to stay.Both i and Afaan were so nervous that Ammi had to break the tensed atmosphere.

"Sit down you two" she said.Afaan sat and i'm sure he's regretting entering the room.He covered his face with his hands and sighed and then picked up his phone.He had already changed into a white thawb, probably going out somewhere.Then my phone beeped.

-Atleast stop staring in front of Ammi.She's been observing us.

'Ah!' i gasped unknowingly out of shock and embarassment, then Ammi laughed and Afaan shook his head in dismay.
"Alright, i'm giving you this simple lecture".She said and i became more nervous because it's certain that it will be concerning Afaan.

"Afaan, you will be fixing some days off for your wife.And you will be travelling with her at times.."
"But Mom i can't."Afaan suddenly interrupted  and she shushed him.

"No one should say anything.I'm not asking you to, i'm telling you to.She said frowning at Afaan.He sighed uncomfortably and glared at me.
She added a few things about how we'll arrange work and family time and concluded with warning Afaan not to break her rules.He stood up and left without a word.Even Ammi has to tolerate him at sometimes.

--
"Ammi said you needed to buy some stuff over at the mall".Aasim said as i was setting some things right back in my chamber.He was standing by the door peeping just a little in.

"Yes".I'm sorry she insisted you have to go with me".I replied.

"No i don't mind, I'll be waiting downstairs", he said and exited.Lately Aasim had been behaving differently since we returned from Abu-dhabi and Afaan travelled to New-zealand.I plan on asking him what's wrong today anyway, friends are meant to be there during good and bad times.

He unlocked the black mercedes and i sat in the passenger's seat.He got in and adjusted his seat belt, avoiding eye contact with me.I sighed and spoke up.

"Bro, what's wrong?, You know you can tell me anything.I've observed that something's been bothering you.Can you please tell me what it is?"i pointed out in a worried tone.

"What?, no i'm alright."he replied with a small smile.I folded my hands.

"I'm not going out again if you don't tell me and i'll inform Ammi that you are hiding something from us, i'll even call Mr Fan".I frightened him.
"What? don't do that please.Mr Fan will fly here tomorrow itself if you tell him".He stated.

"Then tell me".I insisted.

"Well, i'm just kind of sick, i've been busy with some governmental work too, perhaps it's stressing me out".He explained starting the car.