Chapter 13-Handing Over

I read it again and again , and checked the sender again- Aasim.

I looked up to see if he was in the car with us, no he wasn't.He must be in one of the other cars.I sighed and wondered what that meant because honestly, i didn't like it.He isn't my husband is he?, Why then the compliment and that too through a text message.

"Are you alright?", Ammi asked and i smiled and answered yes.Afaan glanced at me from the passenger's seat.He then turned back and rested his head on his seat.

I looked through the window and really, U.A.E is cool.Abu-dhabi is one of the cities that never sleep.Finally we reached the event and so many cars where there, some parked and others roaming about.

"Ameerah, i'll see you later then because you'll be going with Afaan to the couples section of the event".
My eyes widened at that.

"No Ammi i'll come with you".I said not liking the idea of following Afaan.I'm sure he will ditch me as soon as we are there.

"No that's the rule.And further more he needs to introduce you to some of his friends over here".I turned to look at afaan.He was pretending as if he didn't know what Ammi was talking about.

"Afaan, you are going in with Ameerah, hand in hand.If you do otherwise, you'll be sorry".I grinned at the way Ammi was commanding him.His mouth opened as if in shock.

"But Ammi", he started.Ammi cut him off by slightly pushing me to him.Then she and Aasim were led by a group of people to another way into the event.

I stood still looking down.I was sure Afaan wouldn't like the idea.He was probably pissed off now."Let's go".He said and i followed him.He met a couple of friends on his way and all of them kept congratulating him, both on his coronation and marriage.They greeted me nicely and some of them introduced me to their wives.Afaan didn't like it at all and he kept changing the topic.

Inside the decoration was grand and breath-taking.There were many people as expected, since it's a prince's wedding.The tables were for two people in the couples section so Afaan had no choice than to sit with me.I kept myself busy on my phone until Afaan was called for some speech, then i took the camera to take pictures of him.

--
"Hello"! , Someone is lonely here?"Aasim teased.I looked up from my phone and smiled to him.He sat down and took the camera and before i knew it he snapped about a hundred pictures of me."It's okay".I said trying hard not to catch the people's attention.

"Mr Fan is having a good time at the stage, and i'm here hungry.He said patting his belly.I laughed and snatched the camera away from him.I snapped some pictures of him and laughed."You look fat".I laughed and he frowned.

"You mean i look ugly?, he asked faking disappointment.I shook my head."No, fat doesn't mean ugly Bro".By the way there's Mr Fan coming so you have to get up.I said shoo-ing him away.He made a sad face and looked as Afaan approached.

"Mr Fan, i'm so hungry.Can you tell the caterers to start".Afaan glared at him.

"Oh Mr Fan You've got such a glare that gets me wanna use medicated eye glasses."I bursted out laughing and few people turned to look our way.Afaan glared at me too and i tried to hold my laughter.

"Okay i'll go but seriously, now i see it's not your fault for ordering a whole restaurant's menu when you are hungry.It's nature's work.Aasim said winking at me before walking away.

Afaan heaved a sigh of relief and looked to me."I'll never go with you two to an event again".I gasped wondering what i did.

Then he said something that made me laugh uncontrollably.
"By the way, honestly i'm longing for the caterers to start too, i'm sad to confess that i'm as hungry as Aasim.But don't you tell him!".I covered my face with my hands laughing so hard.