Finding Out I Was Sold

Leila's POV:

I was sitting in a locked room with many other girls on a yacht. There were many windows in the room, but none of us wanted to stand up and look outside. We were all dirty and our hair was a mess. Our clothes were nothing but garbage these days. Basically, our living conditions weren't the best, but I wouldn't exactly qualify this as living either. 

We could hear footsteps walking toward the door. Soon enough, the door swung opened and revealed three men. Two of which had machine guns in their hands, while the other one was well dressed in a fancy suit. We all waited to hear what he had to say. We didn't expect anything good because the news here was never good. Usually, the news was just about how one of us had gotten bought. The men always thought it was good news because they make a profit off of us. 

I looked around the room and saw many girls holding hands. We were all nervous and anxious to hear the "good" news.

"Good afternoon girls," greeted the man in the suit. "Well, it looks like one of you is going to get out of here today."

The man in the suit motioned his hands in my direction, signaling for the two men with machine guns to walk over to me and grab me by the arms. They lifted me up from the floor so that I could stand up on both of my feet. I wasn't happy to find out that I had been sold. They brought me over to the man in the suit. I was face to face with him.

"Well if it isn't little Leila who has finally been sold. I must say that I was very pleased to have someone buy you because now you can be someone else's problem and not mine." the man smirked. "Have her cleaned up before we arrive. She needs to look good when we deliver her."

The two men with machine guns led me out of the room and took me to a completely different one. The new room had a queen-sized bed, with a sexy dress laid out on top of it. There was a bathroom attached to the bedroom as well.

 There was a bathroom attached to the bedroom as well

"Get cleaned up!" ordered one of the men. "Use the shower and beauty products in the bathroom, then change into this dress."

"And what if I don't?" I asked before they left.

"Lady, I don't think you want to go there with us." replied one of the men. 

They shut the bedroom door and left me alone in the bedroom. I took a deep breath before I went into the bathroom and started cleaning myself up. I took a long hot shower, that ended up steaming the entire bathroom. It felt so nice to take a shower once again. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a white towel. I opened the bathroom door and walked out to the bedroom. I began dressing in the navy blue dress that was very sexy and revealing. I didn't feel comfortable in the dress, but there was nothing I could do about it. Once I had the dress on, I put on the black heels. There was a mirror in the corner of the bedroom, so I walked over to it and looked at myself in the mirror. I thought I was done getting dressed, but then I thought I should do something with my hair. So I bent over and began putting my hair up in a bun. 

I was finally done getting ready. I must have finished early because the men haven't come to get me yet. So I sat on the edge of the bed and I looked down at my hands. My eyes began to water with tears. I tried to fight them from falling down my cheeks, but one managed to escape. 

You are probably wondering how I got myself into this position. Well, it wasn't exactly my doing, or at least it wasn't all me. A year ago, when I was twenty years old, I had come home from college to see my parents, before I would move to New York and start looking for a job. Only when I did arrive, it was at the worst possible time. I found my parents sitting together on the floor, while there were several men surrounding them with guns. And the man in the suit who is human trafficking me was sitting on their couch with a smile on his face. 

I didn't know what was going on, but after I listened to everything that was going on, I found out that my father was mixed in some bad business. He borrowed some money and he failed to pay it back. So the man in the suit was going to kill them, but I offered to fulfill my father's debt. So he took me and has been my human trafficker ever since. I've been with him a year because nobody has wanted to buy me, and now that is all going to change. So, it wasn't all my fault and I thought I was doing the right thing. Boy, was I wrong?