His Mother is Getting Involved

Leila's POV:

I was in the kitchen, making Miles some lunch when the doorbell rang. Devin started barking up a storm. I stopped what I was doing and went to answer the front door. I opened the door and found Miles' mother, Marry.

"Hello Marry." I greeted. "Come on in."

Marry walked into the house, while I shut the door behind her. She took off her sunglasses and put them in her purse. I must admit that I am a little surprised to see her here, but I didn't mind. I actually like Miles' mother.

"It is so good to see you," I added. "Come with me I'll take you to see Miles."

"Where is my newly engaged son anyway?" teased Marry.

"He is actually outside, I believe his is almost done with his workout." I replied.

Marry followed me to the back door, which led outside. I opened the door and we both went outside. Miles was out on the grass, jumping rope with his head phones on. We waited a couple of minutes, so we could get his attention without interrupting his workout. He eventually stopped jump roping and turned around. He set the jump rope on the ground and started walking over to us. Miles had on grey sweat pants and tennis shoes. He had his head set on too.

"Where is your shirt?" asked Marry, when Miles was close enough to hear

He took of his head set and greeted his mom with a hug. I could tell that he was even excited to see her here.

"Mom, what are you doing here? I didn't know you were coming, or I would have gotten ready." said Miles.

"Oh no worries honey." replied his mother. "I was in the area so I thought I would stop by. I'm sorry that I didn't call."

"Marry, don't be silly, it is absolutely fine." I jumped in. "Besides, its not like Miles and I get much visitors anyway."

Marry smiled over at me. I could tell that something was bothering her, but I didn't bother to ask her in front of Miles. We let Miles get back to his workout, while the two of us went back inside to the kitchen. She took a seat at the counter, while I was finishing up Miles' lunch.

"So Leila, have you planned anything for the wedding yet?" asked Marry.

"No, not really." I replied. "I don't want something so big or expensive."

"Well I think that that is something very nice." complimented Marry.

There was a pause between the two of us. Marry rummaged through her purse, so she could pull out her phone. She had just received a call and decided to decline it. It wasn't long before the same number called once again. She still declined.

"Marry is something wrong?" I asked. "I've noticed that you have declined two calls from the same number already."

"Oh Leila, I'm sorry that you have noticed that. I don't mean to be rude and I don't want to bother you with my issues."

"No Marry, you are fine. If you need to talk I am here." I offered.

"Its Miles' father, Mathew. I have stopped talking to him because of his issues that he has caused with Miles. It is starting to affect our marriage. So, I've moved out of the house and have been staying in a hotel for the past two days." explained Marry.

"Oh Marry, I am so sorry to hear that." I said. "You are more than welcome to stay with Miles and I. We wouldn't mind it. I think it would be nice to have someone else in this big mansion."

Marry thanked me for offering. I felt so bad for her. I couldn't believe what was going on in their family right now. I can't imagine what she must be feeling right now. I really wanted to help her out.