Married a Month and This Happens

Leila's POV:

It has been a month since Miles and I got married. Everything has been going smoothly and I couldn't be more happy with Miles. It felt so nice to be his wife and it felt so right to have him as my husband. I couldn't ask for anything different. I was so happy to have him as my own. 

I am in the kitchen cooking some dinner in the Crock-Pot while Miles was having some breakfast. He was reading his texts on his phone, while I shoved pancakes into his mouth. I couldn't help but smile at him. When I was done making dinner with the Crock-Pot, I put everything away and heard the doorbell ring. Miles was going to get it, but I told him I would get it so he could finish stuffing his face. 

I walked over to the front door and turned the door knob open. I opened the door and was so shocked and surprised to find my mom and dad. It was like my whole body froze. My muscle became tense and tight. What were they doing here? How did they find me?

It's not that I am unhappy to see them, but I know that once they find out about Miles, they will have a fit. 

"Mom, dad, what are you doing here?" I asked. 

My mom didn't say anything. Tears were filling up her eyes, while my dad stared at me. My dad walked over to me slowly and gave me a hug. He then backed up from me so my mother could give me a hug as well. 

"Can we come in?" added my mom.

"Um," I said, as I turned my head to make sure that Miles was still in the kitchen eating. "Sure thing, come on in."

I opened the door wide enough so both of my parents could step inside. I shut the door behind them and prepared myself for the fireworks that were about to occur. 

"This is a very nice place, Leila." complimented my father. "How are you able to afford this place on a new salary?"

"I can't." I replied. 

My parents looked at me with confusion. They couldn't figure out why I was living in this expensive place and how I couldn't afford it. I was going to tell them everything now, so I could get it done with. Like ripping off a bandage, only this was worse. 

"I'm afraid I don't follow." said my mom. 

"Well, I'm not working yet and this isn't just my place. It's my husband and I's place." I explained. 

"You're married?" asked my father. 

"Yes, I've been married for a month now."

"How come we didn't hear about this? How come you didn't inform us?" 

"I didn't know how to find you." I said. "Besides, how did you even find me?"

My mother and father exchanged looks with one another. 

"It wasn't easy Leila. We tried the police but they couldn't do anything. There was no trace of you and we couldn't find you anywhere. It wasn't until recently that we saw you in picture on social media. So we came here to Miami and went to the nightclub, where the picture was taken. We talked to the bartender who told us where he billed the bill to, leading us to this address." explained my father. 

Everything was going smoothly between my parents and I, until Miles walked over to me. My parents stared at Miles. 

"Babe, who are these people?" asked Miles. 

I looked up at Miles and said, "These are my parents."