An Attack

Leila's POV:

Two of my guards and me are walking back to the SUV. I wanted to go shopping today, and Miles ordered them to accompany me. I didn't have a problem with them following me around, but there are certain stores that I would like to go into, without having them follow me. But, they do come in handy when I have so many shopping bags, that they need to help me carry. 

We were walking in the parking garage, heading back to the car, when all of a sudden I hear two thuds coming from behind me. I quickly turn around and saw both of my guards laying on the ground. I also saw three men, who were dressed in black and had their faces covered with ski masks. 

I dropped by shopping bags and started running away. I tried so hard to go fast, but it was no use. Running in sandals made it difficult, especially since the three men who were chasing me, had on tennis shoes. 

I was pushed onto the hard ground of the parking garage. The three men came over to me. Two of them held me by the arms, while the other one started slapping me on the face. I tried to break free from them, but it was no use. The two men were stronger than me and there is nothing I can do. With all the slapping that the man was doing to me, hurt so much to where I couldn't feel my face. 

Someone in the parking garage yelled, "Stop!"

The three men didn't want to risk being caught, so they let me go and started to run. But, the man who was slapping me, punched me in the face before he fled, causing me to pass out. Everything went dark. I was unconscious and scared as to what was going to happen to me next. But, most of all, I wanted to know who did this to me. 

***

Miles' POV:

I was in the guest house with some of my friends and gangsters, talking business. When all of a sudden Michael enters the room unannounced. We all stopped talking and looked at Michael. He was breathing heavily and looked out of breath. He must have been running, but I didn't know why. 

"Michael, I am in the middle of something." I said with slight anger.

"Sorry sir, but something has happened." informed Michael.

"Can't it wait till I am done?"

"No sir, it can't." replied Michael.

"Then what is it about?" I asked.

"Sir, it's Leila, something terrible has happened to her."

When Michael said that, I shot up from my chair and started walking over to Michael. I told him to take me to her and so he did. He led me into the house, where he took me upstairs to Leila's bedroom. He opened the door and I went into her room. I saw Leila asleep in her bed, with bruises and injuries on her face and arms. Devin was laying on top of the bed with her. It was like my heart stopped beating. Just seeing her like this made me angry. 

I quietly and slowly walked over to Leila. I sat on the edge of her bed, which caused her to wake up. 

"Leila, Leila who did this to you?" I asked.

A tear fell from Leila's eyes. She started to cry. Leila sat up and I brought her into a hug, while she cried into my shoulder. I knew that whatever had happened, left a pretty big scar on Leila, and it wasn't physically there, but it sure was mentally. 

I looked back at Michael. 

"Find the people who did this, and kill them." I ordered.

Michael nodded his head and left the room. It pained me to see Leila like this. She was traumatized from what just happened to her. I made a promise to myself that I would find whoever did this, and I would make him pay severely.