The Boss

Leila's POV:

I was asleep in my bed when I heard my bedroom door open. I didn't bother to move because I was still very tired. I could hear the footsteps place something on one of the chairs and then walk over to my bedside, where they gently shook me awake. I pushed my chest up with my arms and looked around my room. I saw Michael standing on my right side, along with the dog Devin sitting down by his feet.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's morning Leila, time to get up," Michael said. "I've laid out some clothes for you on the chair. Change into those and then come down to the kitchen for breakfast. And after that, you will meet the boss, or as you say the buyer."

Michael left my room and shut the door behind him. I am sitting on top of my bed, alone in my room with Devin the dog. I looked down at the dog and smiled.

"So Devin, shall we get ready?" I teased.

Devin barked. I got out of bed and made my way over to the chair, where a pair of clothes were laid out. I picked the shirt and jean shorts up from the chair and took them into the bathroom. Devin tried to follow me into the bathroom, but I quickly shut the door before he could make his way in. I came back out dressed in a shirt and shorts. I sat down on the chair while I put on the sandals, then I went back into the bathroom to do my hair. I didn't feel like messing with it too much, so I just put it up into a messy bun.

"Come on Devin," I called as I walked out of my bedroom and started walking downstairs.

Devin followed me down the stairs and into the kitchen. I saw that there was a plate pilled with food. I walked over to the counter and took my seat. The plate had two pancakes and a bowl of fruit laid out for me. Devin sat on the floor, waiting for me to finish my food. Or hoping that I would drop something onto the floor.

When I was done eating, I stood up with my plate in hand and walked over to the sink where I cleaned off the plate and placed it in the dishwasher

When I was done eating, I stood up with my plate in hand and walked over to the sink where I cleaned off the plate and placed it in the dishwasher. I stood awkwardly in the kitchen, waiting for someone to come and get me. It took a couple of minutes, but Michael finally came for me. He took me out the back door, so we could go outside. We walked over to the lawn, where I saw four men tossing the football around.

Michael told me to wait here, which was a couple of feet away from the men. Devin sat down next to my feet, while I pat the top of his head. Michael walked over to one of the men, who was holding the football in his left hand. He was wearing black shorts and tennis shoes. He didn't have a shirt on, so you could see his six-pack and his tattoos. Both of his ears were pierced and he had on a pair of silver earrings.

Michael walked back in my direction, with the man following him

Michael walked back in my direction, with the man following him. My heart began to beat faster. I was getting nervous and scared now. I don't know what is going on, or what will happen. And that kind of scares me right now. I stood tall and waited. Michael stood to my left, while the man stood a foot away from me. He circled around me a couple of times before he stopped in front of me again. He turned to Michael and the two of them exchanged looks.

"So, you're Leila." said the man.

I nodded my head.

"Okay then, my name is Miles." introduced the man. "Michael is going to take you shopping today, so buy some outfits and other essential things that you need. I don't need you looking dreadful for people to become suspicious of me. When you come back we'll have lunch."

Miles walked off and rejoined the other men. Michael walked me back into the house. I waited by the garage door, while Michael went to get some guards before we could leave. When he came back, he was joined by two men who had handguns strapped to their waists. We went into the garage. We were going to use the one that is closest to us, which was the black Cadillac SUV. Michael and I climbed into the back seat, while one of the guards hopped in the driver's seat and the other in the passenger seat. Then, we went shopping.

***

We came back just a couple of minutes afternoon. The car is full of shopping bags. Some contained clothes while others contained necessary beauty products. I was going to grab the bags, but the guards had beaten me to it. So, Michael told me to go inside, and so I did as he instructed.

I went into one of the bathrooms, where I washed my hands and dried them off. When I came back out, I was greeted by Devin. I picked him up and carried him into the kitchen, where I saw the three men who Miles was playing catch with earlier today. I was shocked and a tad bit embarrassed.

"Hello." I greeted.

All three of them greeted me back. I put Devin back on the ground. I was wondering where Miles was right now. I needed someone to save me from this awkward pause of silence right now. Soon enough, Miles came walking into the kitchen.

"Leila, lunch is set up outside. Go ahead and head out there, I'll be there in a little bit," Miles said.

I went outside and saw a huge table with food. I took a seat and waited for Miles. Miles eventually came out and took the seat next to me. Once he was comfortable, he began eating.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I interrupted him while he was eating.

"I'm eating. What are you doing?"

"You didn't thank God before you ate," I replied.

Miles set the sandwich back down on his plate. I stuck out my hand for him to grab. It took him a while, but he finally grabbed my hand. I bowed my head and said, "Bless, O Lord, this food to our use and us to thy service, and keep us ever mindful of the needs of others. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

We both lifted our heads back up and began eating our lunch together.