Coming Home and Finding Another Family Conflict

Miles' POV:

I quietly opened the front door of my mansion. I looked around, to make sure Leila wasn't around. I walked inside and the guards quietly put my suitcase down on the floor. I took off my shoes and walked to my office, without running into Michael or Leila. I wanted to surprise her, so I was hoping she wouldn't spot me. 

I shut the office door behind me and walked over to my desk. I unloaded some paperwork and put it into my desk. I stopped what I was doing when I heard the office door open.

"Miles?" called Leila from behind me. 

I turned around a smiled at Leila. I can't believe my surprise plan had failed. However, I was beyond happy to see her. She smiled back at me and quickly ran over to me. I picked her up of the ground, while she wrapped her arms and legs around me. I was so happy to see her, and I know she is beyond happy to see me. 

"I've missed you so much." whispered Leila, into my ear. 

"I know, I've missed you too." I replied.

I set Leila back on the ground and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. I sat down on a chair, while Leila sat on my lap with her arms around my neck. We sat quietly together, enjoying the precious moment we had together. I looked up at Leila and could tell something was bothering her. 

"Leila, what's wrong?" I asked. 

"Nothing." lied Leila. 

"Leila, come on now, you can't hide things from me. Just tell me what is going on."

"Okay, just promise me that you won't get too mad."

"I promise."

"When you left for your trip, your father immediately came to the door. I let him in and we talked with one another in your office." started Leila.

"What did he want?" I asked. 

"He told me that he knew that I was a human trafficker that you had bought. He offered to pay me a million dollars, as long as I left you behind and start a new life without you. I didn't take the offer and I was quite mad that he said those things, so I had him escorted off the property." explained Leila. 

My blood began to boil. I was furious. How dare my father come while I was gone and talk to Leila like that. I asked her to get off of me and she did just that. I didn't mean to say it in a fairly mean way, but there is something I need to do. I stormed out of my office and called for Michael. I put my shoes back on and went into the garage. Michael followed me, with Leila slightly behind. 

"Michael, watch Leila until I get back." I ordered. "There is something I need to do."

"Sure thing, boss." agreed Michael. 

I hopped into my Bugatti and backed out of the garage. I saw Michael take Leila back into the house, before the garage completely blocked my view. I drove as fast as I could over to my parents house. I made sure that I wouldn't get caught by the police as I drove. I pulled into my parents driveway and parked my car. I hopped out and stormed into their house. 

"Mom! Dad!" I called. 

I went into the living room, where I saw my father seated on the couch. He stood up when he was aware of my presence. My mother ran down the stairs, to meet up with us in the living room. I walked over to my father and punched him as hard as I could, in the face. 

"Miles!" yelled my mother.

"What the hell, son." mumbled my father.

"Don't you dare call me that!" I demanded.

My mother went over to my father's side with a towel in her hands. She gave it to my father, to help stop the bleeding. As bad as it looked, I didn't care. I was proud that I did it and I don't regret it at all.

"Miles, what is going on? Why did you just punch your father?"

"He is not my father and he never will be." I replied. 

"Then why did you punch him?" added my mother. 

"Why don't you ask him, your husband about what he did." I said. "Go on dad, tell her what you did to Leila while I was on my business trip."

My mother turned around to face my father. He had a guilty face. Not only could I see it, but my mother saw it as well. 

"What did you do, Mathew?"

"That is none of your business, Marry." replied my father, who was trying to avoid the question.

"Answer me Mathew!" demanded my mother.

"Fine, I went over to his house when he left for his business trip. I talked with Leila. I told her to leave him and never look back if I gave her a million dollars." confessed my father.

My mother began crying. She sat down on the couch and covered her mouth with her hand. It felt so good to hear those words come from his mouth. My mother needed to know what he is capable of. He is no husband or father. He is simply a monster. 

"I don't want to see you anywhere near Leila or me." I said. "If you so much as try to come near us, I will have you transported to a different country."

I turned by back towards my parents and walked out of their house. I got back in my Bugatti and drove home. Home to Leila, who was my true family now.