A Party

Leila's POV:

It is a Saturday afternoon and I am sitting in the kitchen having lunch. Miles had left earlier today for his business because he had some things that he needed to tend too, so I mainly have the house to myself. If you exclude the guards and Michael. Devin was sitting on the floor, just waiting for something to come off my plate and fall to the floor. My day is pretty laid back today, or it was until Michael walked into the kitchen. 

"Come now Leila, we need to get you ready." said Michael.

"Ready for what?" I asked.

"Miles is attending one of his friends parties today, and you need to get dressed because you are going with him. So hurry up and finish your lunch." explained Michael.

I stuffed the rest of my lunch into my mouth as fast as I could. I stood up from my seat and followed Michael upstairs, to my room. We went into my closet and Michael started going through my clothes. I figured that this party must be a big deal because Michael is slightly stressed. It must be a fairly fancy party too because Michael skipped over my casual outfits and went straight to the dresses. While Michael is picking out my outfit, I went into the bathroom and started doing my hair and makeup. I turned on the curling iron and waited for it to heat up. Once it was ready to be used, I quickly but carefully did my hair. Curling certain parts of my hair. 

When I was done, I came out of the bathroom in my robe

When I was done, I came out of the bathroom in my robe. Michael had left my room, but he laid out a black dress on my bed, along with some heels that were on the floor. I put on the dress and then the heels. I walked over to my mirror and looked at myself from the front, then I turned myself slightly to the side so I could look at the back. I opened my bedroom door and walked downstairs. I went back into the kitchen, so I could put the plate I used for lunch away. Instead I found that the plate was already cleaned up.

"Leila." called someone from behind me.

I quickly turned around and found Miles. He was all dressed up for the party and ready to go. He is wearing black pants and hoodie, with a hat. His shoes are a bronze color and he has a watch on his left hand. I smiled at him.

He held out his right hand for me, so I carefully walked over to him and took his hand

He held out his right hand for me, so I carefully walked over to him and took his hand. He scanned me up and down with his eyes. He didn't say anything so I assumed that he liked my dress. He led me through the house, to the front door, and outside where four guards were waiting by the black Cadillac SUV. Miles opened one of the back doors, so I could climb into the car. Then, he went over to the other side of the car and hopped in the other back seat, while two guards sat in the driver and passenger seat. The other two guards drove in a second car, that followed behind us. I was nervous the entire ride there. I haven't been to a party like this before, so I have no idea what it is going to be like. 

When the car stopped and parked in the driveway, that belonged to a huge mansion, everyone in the car began unbuckling their seat belt. They all hopped out of the car, while I waited for the guard to open my door. Miles helped me down and then we started walking toward the mansion. The front door is open, so we walked right in. 

Music is blaring throughout the house. People are either dancing or talking with others, while they drank an alcohol beverage. Men were dressed up in their swaggy clothes, while girls are dressed in sexy outfits. I followed Miles through the house and out to the backyard, where even more people are. I became even more nervous. Miles took my hand and led me over to a high table. 

"Would you like something to drink?" Miles asked.

"Um, do they have any soda?"

Miles smiled at me before he left me at the high table, to go get us some drinks. He was eventually stopped by a man, who he must know because they started talking and laughing. I felt like I was being judged because a lot of people who passed me stopped to look at me. At first, I thought that there was something wrong with the way I looked, but I quickly realized that I looked very nice because boys wouldn't stop calling over to me. 

A girl came up to me and said, "So your Miles' new girl."

"I guess that would be me." I admitted.

"Wow, I can't believe he lowered his standards." said the girl.

I immediately became mad with this girl. Who does she think she is? How dare she talk to me like that! If anything, I am the beauty and she is the beast. 

"Excuse me, just who do you think you are?"

"Huh, honey I'm Miles' ex girlfriend. I know him better than you probably do. You think he's going to keep you around long? I don't think so. I know Miles and he would never keep you long enough." explained the girl. 

I was about to say something back to this brat when Miles came back. He set the drinks down on the table and came over to my side. I could tell that he wasn't happy to see his ex here.

"Tanisha, I think its time for you to leave now. Your annoying my date." said Miles.

Tanisha gave Miles and I the dirtiest look before she walked off. I took a deep breath before I picked up my soda and took a sip. Miles walked back to the other side of the table, so he could be across from me. He picked up his beer and took a couple of sips. 

"I'm sorry if Tanisha bothered you, Leila." apologized Miles.

"You're not the one who should be apologizing, but thank you anyway." I replied. 

***

Hours went by and it was officially dark now. I am standing in a circle, talking to some girls I had met at the party, while Miles is talking with some of his buddies. The party wasn't so bad after awhile, but it still wasn't my kind of fun. Soon enough, Miles walked over to me and asked if I would like to dance. I didn't want to say no, so I agreed to dance with him. He took my hand and led me over to the dance floor. 

We started dancing to the music that was playing. Miles spun me around and moved in close to me. He put his hands on my waist and we started swaying to the beat of the music. I got tingles up and down my spine. I put my right hand up on the side of Miles' neck while we danced. It took me awhile but I finally started to enjoy it.