Talking All Night

Miles' POV:

Leila, Devin, and I are seated on the couch, watching a movie. We got back from dinner not too long ago and I thought that it would be nice to watch a movie. So, I turned on Netflix and we are now watching, Avengers: Age of Ultron. Leila was sitting next to me on the right, with Devin in her lap. My arm was around her and resting on the couch while we watched the movie. I am holding a bowl of popcorn with my left hand, as Leila grabs a handful here and there. 

When the movie did finally end, I turned off the TV and set the bowl of popcorn on the table. Leila and I got comfortable on the couch. Devin eventually woke up and went onto his bed, where he fell asleep. 

"So what is your favorite color?" Leila asked.

I took a minute to think of my answer. 

"I would say that my favorite color has got to be red." I responded.

"Aw very nice."

"What is yours?" I asked.

"I love all the blue colors, but I also like black." 

For hours on end, we talked together. We asked each other questions and we answered all of them. We even told funny stories about things that have happened to us throughout our childhoods. We got to know each other quite well. I loved seeing Leila laugh. Her smile is another feature that I love about her. She is such a kind and wise young lady, especially for her only being 21 years of age. 

"You're always busy with work. So what exactly do you do?" Leila asked.

I was hoping that she wouldn't have asked me that question. I didn't want to spook her, or scare her off, especially since thing were good between us. It was a question that I wanted to answer with the most of care. One wrong word and things can go down the drain quickly. 

"I don't think you want me to answer that question."

"Why not?"

"Because, I might scare you off." I replied.

"I don't think so." Leila said. 

"Okay then. But, you've got to promise me that you won't run away." I teased.

Leila smiled and laughed. She held up her right hand and promised.

"I am a gang leader of the most powerful gang in Miami." I said. 

Leila didn't say anything. She stood up from sitting on the couch and came over to me. I made room for her on my side of the couch. She sat down next to me and looked up at me. I was waiting to hear her opinion on this subject. 

"I was expecting worse." whispered Leila.

I couldn't help but smile. I gave her a quick kiss on the lips, and then I kissed her on her forehead. From that moment on, things were a little bit of a blur. We both fell asleep on the couch.

***

I woke up before Leila and looked around. Devin was still on his bed and Michael was no where in sight. I smiled down at Leila, who is still fast asleep. I didn't want to wake her, and I didn't feel like getting up yet so I laid my head back on the pillow and fell back asleep.

Sorry for the lame/short chapter.