Pool Party

Leila's POV:

It has been a month since that terrible event occurred. My bruises and injuries are fully healed. I am back to normal. However, I am mentally scared from that day. I guess you could say that I am slightly paranoid now, and so is Miles. I won't go anywhere without five guards with me, or I have to have Miles come with me. I left it in the past though. 

I am laying down by the pool on a beach chair with some of my friends. It is such a nice day today, so Miles and I decided to have a barbecue with our friends. My girls and I are by the pool getting tan, while we soaked in the warm sun. It was nice to be around friends again. After all, it gets lonely in the mansion, especially when Miles has to work.

Miles and his friends were standing over by the grill, cooking some burgers, while they all sipped on some beer. Devin came over to me with a frisbee. I could tell that he wanted to play, so I took the frisbee from his mouth and stood up. I threw the frisbee for Devin and waited for him to bring it back. I did it a couple of times, but it ended once Devin got to tired.

I smiled over at Miles and his friends. I could tell that he was having a good time. He has been so busy with work lately that I haven't seen him. And when he told me that he had time to hang, I wasted no time in inviting some of our friends over.

My friend, Ashley, sat up from her chair. She took her shades off and said, "I think I'm going to go for a swim now. After all, it is a pool party."

I smiled at Ashley. She is so funny at times, but she had a point too. I stood up with her and walked over to the edge of the pool. We both jumped into the pool at the same time, causing a major splash. We popped our heads up from underneath the water, to find Devin jump in after us. The rest of the girls joined us, along with some of Miles's friends.

Miles was the only one who wasn't in the pool. So, I swam over to that side of the pool and stared at him. He was taking the burgers off the grill, and placing them onto a plate.

"Why don't you come in for a swim."

Miles turned around and smiled down at me.

"I'm good for right now." replied Miles.

"Oh come on Miles, it is relaxing."

Miles still declined my offer, so I decided to take another route.

"Fine, if you're not coming in, then can you at least help me out." I said, as I stuck out my hand.

Miles stood up from his chair and walked over to the side of the pool. He bent down to give me a hand and I took it. However, before he could pull me out, I pulled him in. Miles quickly popped his head out of the water and looked straight at me.

"Oops, did I do that?" I teased.

Miles swam over to me and put his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his neck and gave him a quick kiss before a beach ball bonked us in the heads. The party was finally getting started.

***

Miles and I were seated at an outside table with all of our friends. We had our burgers, chips, sides, and beers. We started talking with each other. Today had turned out to be pretty fun. I enjoyed hanging with my friends, and I think Miles did too. Especially, since he didn't have to work.

When everyone had left, Miles stood up from his seat and brought out a speaker, that was synced with his iPhone. He started playing slow dance music. He walked over to me and asked, "May I have this dance."

I took Miles's hand and we started slow dancing to the music. It was so peaceful. We didn't have anyone around, making it just the two of us.

"So what is with the special occasion?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"As romantic as you are, I don't think you would do this unless there is something you want."

"Guilty," admitted Miles. "My parents are having a fancy party for their anniversary. I would like you to come with me."

"Oh Miles, I don't know. After all, I'm just a girl you bought."

"No you're not! You're not that anymore Leila. You're so much more now. Besides, I've talked about you a lot to my folks and they really want to meet my new girlfriend." explained Miles.