Meeting the Parents

Leila's POV:

I am in my closet, trying to pick out a dress to wear. Today is the day that Miles and I go to his parents fancy and elegant party. I am absolutely nervous for this event to happen. I wanted to make a good impression, but I am scared that I will screw things up. Miles is in my bedroom, sitting on the edge of my bed, dressed in an all black suit. He had silver earrings in, and is wearing a silver watch on his right hand. 

"Leila, come on, you have to hurry or we are going to be late." 

I was doing my best to hurry, but it wasn't going according to plan. My hair was done into a fancy half up, half down hair style. I was wearing a silver bracelet on my right wrist, alone with silver post earrings. I was in my robe because I couldn't decide on a dress. So, I went to the back of my closet and found a dress that I wanted to wear. Finally! I took the dress off the hanger and put it on, then I walked over to Miles, so he could help me zip up my dress. The dress was black with a silver flower pattern at the top. It had sheer fabric in the middle of the dress, where my stomach was. I hope it didn't show too much because after all, I was trying to make a good impression. 

"Is this an okay dress?" I asked

"Of course it is, I actually think you went over board." replied Miles.

"It doesn't show to much of my stomach does it?"

"No, its the perfect shade of fabric, to not make it too revealing."

I smiled up at Miles. I gave him a quick kiss on the lips, before I put on my silver heels and we both headed downstairs. I thought we were taking the SUV with the guards, to his parents party, but as it turns out, Miles had other plans. I followed Miles out to the garage, where he opened the doors to a black Bugatti. My mouth dropped. I had no idea that Miles owned a Bugatti. 

"Are we getting there in this?" I asked.

"Yeah, I hope that is okay." 

"Are you kidding me! It's terrific! I'm just surprised the guards aren't coming." I teased.

"Well they are, they're just taking a separate car." added Miles.

Miles opened the passenger door to his Bugatti, so I could hop in. Then, he walked around the car, to get into the drivers seat. He started the car and started backing out of the garage. Once he was out, he closed the garage door and put the car into drive. 

The drive took twenty minutes, for us to reach his parents house. It is a beautiful house that is pretty big, not as big as Miles' mansion, but close enough. There were many people walking to the front door, dressed in their fancy dresses and suits. Miles opened my car door for me to hop out. I took his arm and we walked up to his parents front door, that was wide open for people to come in. When we stepped into the house, Miles's mother immediately spotted him. She came walking over to Miles and greeted him with a hug. I remained behind Miles, waiting for Miles to introduce me to his mother. 

"So, this is the lovely girl you won't stop talking about." said his mother, after they hugged. 

"Yes mother, this is Leila, Leila this is my mother." introduced Miles.

I shook Miles' mother's hand. 

"Its a pleasure to meet you." I said.

"Likewise deary." replied her mother. "Now, don't be strangers, feel free to mingle and walk around."

His mother walked off and greeted some of her other guests. Miles and I walked into the kitchen where we both got a glass of wine. I took a couple of sips, while I looked around the room. I saw many people, but I didn't know anyone. Miles hasn't really talked to anyone since we got here, so I assumed that he didn't know many of the people here.

"Would you like a house tour?" Miles asked.

I nodded my head. I set my wine glass on the kitchen counter. Miles took my hand and started leading me through the house. We eventually went upstairs, where he showed me his childhood bedroom. He shut the door behind us and came over to me. I put my arms around his neck, while he had his hands on my waist. He gave me a kiss on the lips, that was followed by many more quick kisses. My back eventually came in contact with the wall. Miles worked his way down to my neck, but before it went any further his bedroom door opened. Miles stepped back from me and turned around. 

"Dad." said Miles.

"Son." responded his father. 

I took Miles's hand. There was an awkward pause of silence between Miles and his father. I didn't know what to do or say, so I remained quiet.

"I had a feeling I would find you here." said his father. "I need to talk with you for a moment. Leila, I know Miles's mother would love to talk with you some more and there are tons of people downstairs, so feel free to mingle while I have a talk with my son."

I let go of Miles's hand and walked downstairs to join the party. I went into the kitchen to get another glass of wine. I tried to act busy, so I wouldn't have anyone bother me; however, that plan didn't work out. There were several men who came up to me and started a conversation with me. However, when I told them that I came with Miles, they quickly ended the conversation. I could tell that they all were interested in me, but once they found out I was taken, they left like that. 

Miles' mother eventually came over to me. 

"Leila what are you doing all by yourself?" asked his mother. "Where is Miles?"

"He is upstairs talking with his father." I replied.

This came as a shock to his mother. She quickly excused herself and walked away. I didn't know what the problem was, but I hope everything is alright.