Chapter 57

SOPHIES POV-

Once 7 finally came around, Nash came over and didn't say anything about Jeff. I'm suprised he really forgot. I haven't heard anything from Taylor, which is good and bad. Tay is here now and so is my aunt, so we aren't alone if Jeff does show up. I can't wait until 12 tomorrow because I will be on a plane back home, safe and sound. Nash and I are sitting on the couch and there is some show on. I can't pay attention to it because I am so distracted by everything going on. I check my phone at least every 2 minutes to see if I have any messages from Taylor.

"Are you okay?" Nash asks and I turn my head toward him. I put a fake smile on my face and nod my head. 

"Yeah I'm fine why?" I ask him. 

"Just... You seem a little uneasy" he says and I shake my head. He smiles and wraps his arms around me. I really hate lying to him the last day we have together, but it's for the better. Trust me, I wish I could tell him, but it's hard. I don't want him part of this, but if Jeff does show up, Nash is going to be really confused and once he puts everything together, I'm screwed. But, hopefully that doesn't happen. I hear a knock on the door and my eyes go wide. 

"I got it!" I hear Tay scream from the stairs. I get up quickly and run to the hall leading to the front door. Nash is left, confused on the couch. I run to the front door and my eyes land on the person standing in the doorway. I let out a breath of relief when I see that it's Shawn. 

"Hey Soph!" he says as he pulls away from Tay. I smile and wave at him. 

"Hey Shawn!" I her Nash say from behind me. I need to come up with an excuse to why I got up so fast. I feel hands on my hips and I smile. Nash puts his head in my neck asks, "Why did you get up? It's just Shawn" I shake my head and turn around so I'm facing him. 

"I thought it was the pizza my aunt ordered." I say, totally lying. 

"Oh.. Well, you're excited for food" he says and I smile and nod my head. "Lets go back and watch the show" he says. He grabs my hand and leads me back into the living room. I feel like I'm being watched, but maybe I'm just a little nervous. He sits me down and leans down and kisses me. I smile and pull him closer to me, which makes him groan. I smile and pull away. I open my eyes and look at him. 

"Love you" he says and I smile even bigger. 

"Love you more" I say and lean my head on his shoulder. My phone rings and I try to keep calm as I frantically pick it up. 

"Who is it?" he asks. 

"My mom.. I'll be back" I say and he nods his head. I walk out of the living room and up to my room. I close the door and go into the bathroom and close that door as well so nobody can hear me. I open the text Taylor sent me and it says, Soph, he left. I don't know where he went but he might be coming to your house. Call the cops or something. Just lock the doors and don't leave the fucking house. My eyes go wide and I open the bathroom door and run out and through the bedroom door. I run to the front door and lock both the handle and the top lock. I run to the back door and lock it, which I forgot to do earlier after I cam inside. What scares me is that he could already be in here for all I know. 

I look around me, to see if my thoughts are right, but I don't see anything out of place at all. I return to the living room and Nash is gone. My eyes go wide and I spin around in a circle looking for him. 

"Sophie help!" I hear him scream. My jaw drops and my heart stops. I have no idea where the voice came from. I run out of the living room and into the kitchen. I stop in my tracks and try to listen, but I don't see anything. I sigh and quietly, walk around the halls of the first floor. I opened every door possible and I'm now at the door to the basement. I have never had a problem before going downstairs, but right now, I'm scared shitless and Nash isn't with me. I open it slowly, expecting something to pop out, but I'm faced with darkness.