Testify

Listen to CitizenFour Testify.
Y/n's POV
"What's up, Los Angeles!" I shouted into my mic as I removed my earpiece from my ear, looking out at the cheering crowd with a bright smile on my face.

My band and I were having a concert in Los Angeles for our fans. It was as hype, or possibly more so than any of our other concerts and although it was lit my mind was on my girlfriend of 2 years, Dinah Jane.

Yesterday morning, I had gotten home really late from the studio. I was writing her a song, but she accused me of cheating and then she left. I hadn't seen her since.

But I know she was here tonight, so hopefully this song that I'm dedicated to her will make her see some fucking light. Lauren convinced her to come, I don't know how but she did and now she is currently backstage.

"This next song is called Testify!" Carson shouted into his mic as the music started playing for the song while the crowd was going crazy.

Josh sang the first verse, with Carson harmonizing with him towards the end. The crowd was going crazy as we stood in a small group, bobbing our heads to the music.

[Verse 1: Josh & (Carson)]
We're innocent until we're proven guilty
Everything I say is nothing but the truth
(Tryna catch me slipping, you got nothing on me
'Cause you're the one that's tripping, so dazed and confused)

I sang to the audience, stepping out from the boys and pointing at the crowd, occasionally pointing at myself. I popped the collar of my shirt when I said collar and then pointed back at the crowd.

[Pre-Chorus: Y/n]
No matter what you think
I know my hands are clean
No lipstick on my collar
You got no fingerprints
You got no evidence
So tell me what's the problem

We all gathered back into a group, with the guys stepping forward beside me. We harmonized perfectly as we sang the chorus of the song. The crowd was going crazy and I smiled as I hit my falsetto notes.

[Chorus: All & (Y/n)]
She say where were you?
Call me in, line me up, but I know I committed no crime
She say where were you?
Put me up on the stand, swear me in, yeah, I'll testify
(Put me up on the stand, swear me in, yeah, I'll testify)

Conner sang the next words as I looked over at the side stage to see if Lauren had brought Dinah like she promised.

[Verse 2: Conner]
Wanna play detective, you don't got a clue
If I wanted out then you'd already know

She did. Dinah was standing their arms crossed against her chest, glaring at me. I turned my entire body to look at her as the guys all moved in place. I sang my lyrics to her and not the crowd.

[Pre-Chorus: Y/n]
No matter what you think
I know my hands are clean
No lipstick on my collar
You got no fingerprints
You got no evidence
So tell me what's the problem

I turned back to the group and the crowd as we harmonized on the chorus yet again.

[Chorus: All & (Y/n)]
She say where were you?
Call me in, line me up, but I know I committed no crime
She say where were you?
Put me up on the stand, swear me in, yeah, I'll testify
(Put me up on the stand, swear me in, yeah, I'll testify)

I walked to the side stage, leaving the group behind as I harmonized with Carson on the bridge. Dinah had a few tears in her eyes and I grabbed her hand, placing it over my chest when I sang 'I'm in love'. I raised an eyebrow silently as I was getting towards the end of the bridge.

[Bridge: Y/n & Carson]
If you all about us
It should be about trust
Baby, you are enough
And you know I'm in love
If you all about us
If you all about us
It should be about trust
If you all about us
It should be about trust
Baby, you are enough
And you know I'm in love

Dinah smiled and nodded her head, I grinned as I let her hand go and walked back to my spot on the stage as the Chorus came up again.

If you all about us
If you all about us
It should be about trust

I sang powerfully in my mic as the guys all did the chorus. I held out notes when I needed to and let them drop when I didn't.

[Chorus: All & (Y/n)]
She say where were you? (Where were you? Where were...(
Call me in, line me up, but I know I committed no crime (I committed no crime.)
She say where were you? (Where were you where were you, ooh?)
Put me up on the stand, swear me in, yeah, I'll testify
(Put me up on the stand, swear me in, yeah, I'll testify)