Chapter 8

Pulling up in front of the club, the valet opens my door for me and I smile while handing him the keys. Walking to the boys who are patiently waiting for me near the long line of people waiting to get in. Damien hands his arm out for me like a true gentleman, winking mischievously  and I place my hand in the crook of this elbow, sending him a sweet smile which screamed "I'm gonna kill you later." He was purposely doing this in front of everyone, who was busy snapping pictures of us. I bet you a million bucks that our picture would be on the first page of every tabloid tomorrow morning. Walking straight to the entrance, I smiled at the bouncer who recognised me. Greeting us warmly, he let us in and one of the employees ushered us up to the VVIP area. Damien whispers,"I didn't know you were a regular here."

I smirk,"I'm not.".Ordering drinks, we sat down on the plush couches conversing warmly. 

"I thought I saw you from the DJ stand."I whirled around at the familiar voice. Grinning widely, I walked into his open arms,"Andy, how are you?"

"I'm good, sweetheart. Congratulations on being acting co-CEO of BW Empire."

 "Thank you." Turning to Damien and Jay, I say"Andy,meet Damien Black. And you know Jay." The boys shake hands and greet each other. Andy takes a break from his DJ duties and joins us for a few drinks. He regales us with hilarious tales from our time together at Oxford. 

"She just glared at him icily and kicked him so hard in the balls i won't be surprised if he can't have kids."Andy recounts a tale of me at a college party years back, leaving Jay and Damien in stitches.

"She was always a feisty one."Damien says, gazing at me with this unknown emotion in his eyes. "Yup, that's when I knew that we'll be good friends. I wasn't wrong, she's proven to not be just an amazing friend, she's also the best business partner."

 "Business partner?"Damien asks quizzically. Andy nods,"Yeah, La Allegria is what it is today because of her." I wave a hand at him,"Nonsense, people love the club because of your music. I'm just a silent partner."

Damien stares at me in awe,"You co-own this club?"Feeling shy all of a sudden at his intent gaze,"Yeah, Andy and I own it."

"I agree with you, Andy. Angel does have a way of making things special."Damien says to Andy."Angel?"he asks with a sly glance in my direction. Glaring at him, I mutter"Cut it out, Dorset." to which he only responds with a hearty chuckle. 

We spend our time dancing and talking, Damien ignoring all the girls trying to get his attention and the guys too scared to come near me what with Jay and Damien acting as my bodyguards. Jay leaves us after a while to talk to one of his clients but I don't mind. Damien and I are surprisingly comfortable with each other as we talk about anything and everything under the sun. In those 2 hours, I learn things about him that I never knew before, such as he's afraid of spiders, he hates beef, his favourite place in the world is the Caribbean, and he doesn't believe in love, something in which we both share the same sentiment. I know it's weird to get to know somebody in a nightclub, but it's true. By the time we got home, I knew more things about Damien than I ever knew when we were friends as kids. Climbing into bed, feeling utterly exhausted, I realise that I'm actually genuinely happy after such a long time.

 Climbing into bed, feeling utterly exhausted, I realise that I'm actually genuinely happy after such a long time