Chapter 31

Holstering my guns at my waist, I check the earpiece in my ear, making sure it works.

"This is Agent 7. Do you copy?"

"Copy, Agent 7." The clear voice resonates through.

I take a deep breath, scanning my surroundings. It was midnight and it was pitch black, only the moonlight illuminating the huge bungalow in front of me. The area was isolated, located miles away from civilisation. I had already located several cameras, guards as well as hidden booby traps. Motherboard had already hacked into their security system and frozen their cameras, bidding me 5 minutes to enter. Carefully disabling the traps, I weave my way around the guards, quietly taking them down to avoid attracting any attention. Snapping the neck of the final guard, I get the green light from motherboard to enter. Slipping in through a window, I roll quietly onto the dark floor. I'm in an empty room and judging from its condition, someone stays here. There's a bed in the corner with a small vanity table. i notice the various makeup tubes on the table and realise that this is a girl's room. Just as I'm about to slip out of the room, the bathroom door opens and out steps a young girl who can't be any older than me. Her eyes widen in shock as she notices me and immediately her hand moves to grab the gun on her waist but I'm faster. i shoot her dead, not allowing myself to feel any remorse. I could not afford to knock her out only to have her regain consciousness and warn someone. I'm about to walk out of the room when I notice a tag on her tshirt. Grabbing it, I realise it's an access card. I wasn't surprised, the bungalow was a high tech facility and this was a smart security idea. I look at the picture of the girl on the card, a smile slowly creeping on my face as an idea pops into my head.

5 minutes later, I look somewhat like the girl in the picture. Luckily, we're both brunettes with similar body forms. She is slightly shorter than me though but I couldn't change that. I had made use of the makeup to make me look a bit more like her. The only thing I could not hide was my eyes. She had black eyes and there were no contact lenses either. I was gonna have to keep my head down and use my hair as a curtain. Gun cocked at the side, I step out into the empty hallway, body tense and alert like a panther ready to pounce. my mission was to wipe out the gang but before I did that, I needed to get a chip first. you see, when Oliver abducted a CIA operative, he had stolen a chip from him before killing the guy. The chip contained national secrets, including the name of every operative there was as well as their backgrounds. In Oliver's hands, it was Pandora's Box. The good thing was it was very well encrypted and I could only pray that he had not managed to decrypt it yet. Reaching the end of the hallway, I peek a little, spotting what looks like a operation room. It's heavily guarded and I can only presume that's where the magic happens,so to speak.

"Motherboard, I'm about to head into their operations room.I think that's where the chip is, along with Oliver."

"Affirmative, Agent 7. Be careful."

Glad I had a silencer on my gun, I aim at the guard closest to me. Pulling the trigger, I smirk as he falls with a silent thud, his colleagues not even aware that he was down. Stealthily shooting the rest of them down in quick succession, I make my way to the operations room. Scanning the access card, letting out a sigh in relief when the red light turns green, the doors silently slide open and reveal a dimly lit room filled with computers and large screens. There are a few people milling around and my eyes widen when I notice a few of them huddled around a computer trying to decrypt the chip. SSS intel had managed to identify a few of The Syndicate's top members and I recognised all of them in the room right now. We could not however identify Oliver so I was in the dark on how he looked like. Just then, one of the top guys spots me near the door and his eyes widen when he notices me.

"Hey, who-" he yells out but I shoot him down. Too late, everyone's eyes were on me right now and before I know it, it's raining bullets. Ducking behind a table, I shoot at these idiots who are coming at me in every direction. I don't know how long the shootout lasts but soon silence befalls the room. The once clean room was now splattered with blood and bodies were strewn all over. I was the only one left surviving and my hands tremble at the thought that I almost died. Taking a shaky breath, I grab the chip from the front and stare at the tiny metal piece that is invaluable. Hiding it in a secret compartment in my pants, I look around the room, realising that I only had a few minutes at most before more of their people burst into the room. Speaking into my comms, i am greeted with static silence and I curse as I realise that there are probably signal jammers in the room. Looking around, I spot a few but before I can do anything, I feel a slight prick in my neck. Blackness immediately clouds my vision and my body goes limp, sagging into the ground.

Pounding in my skull wakes me up and pain shoots through my head as I stiffly open my eyes. My mouth feels like stuffed cotton candy and my throat is as dry as the Sahara Desert. Blinking my eyes open slowly, my vision clears as they focus on my surroundings. I shake my head and attempt to stand up when I realise that I'm tied to a chair. My feet and legs are bound with thick rope and I'm left only in my jeans and tank top. Fighting the cold shiver that rocks my body, I look around, finding a way to get out. My weapons are missing along with my earpiece. I'm basically cut off from the outside world. The room is small and dark, with only a door in front of me. I spot a camera in the corner and bite my lip, knowing that would only make it harder for me to escape.

Without making it obvious, I try to untie the rope but a few seconds later, the door bursts open and I immediately switch into Ice Queen mode before looking up but I'm sure shock showed on my face as I stared at the amused figure in the doorway.

"JONATHAN?"

"Hello again, Alex."

Jonathan is Kaiden's elder brother and I've only met him once before at a family dinner. he never said a word to me except to introduce himself. He was quiet throughout dinner and I personally thought he was a little weird but ignored it.

I'm actually speechless and jonathan smirks coldly at me.

"Cat got you tongue, Alex?"

I glare at him before saying in a clipped tone.

"What happened? Navy kicked you out?"

A dark shadow crosses his face and he moves closer to me, eyes glinting dangerously.

"Those assholes kicked me out all because I went against my commander's orders. We had recovered money on a pirate ship;smuggling money and he wanted to give it all back to the government. The bloody British government who has tons of cash and doesn't do anything for its people. So, I stole the lot because I deserved it more. I get labelled a traitor and thrown in jail for 5 years. But thanks to my excellent behaviour, I got out early and here am I now."

I stare at the insane man in front of me.

"So, you're working with Oliver to get back at the government?"

He chuckles cynically, "Oh sweetheart, I am Oliver."

My brain processes his statement, piecing all the little facts together. The military training, the vengeance against governments, the personal grudge against me.

"Jonathan Oliver De Vere." I say softly as everything clicks into place. Jonathan well Oliver nods, rubbing his hands in glee.

"Yes. Now, once I'm done with you, I can finally achieve my goal."

I raise an eyebrow at him sarcastically,"Which is to what, be certified as a lunatic?"

I'm rewarded with a stinging backhand that leaves me with a split lip. Suppressing a scream, I coolly meet his furious gaze which infuriates him even more.

"Watch it, Alex. You're at my mercy now. and yes, there will be blood."

I stare at him blankly for a few seconds before bursting out in laughter.

"Oh God, that was so-so cliche." He grits his teeth, yanking me by the back of my hair once again causing me to grit my teeth in pain.

"You have something I need and you're gonna give it to me."

"Or what?" I challenge him back, taunting. He just smiles mockingly before whispering closely,

"Or else your darling Arius is gonna pay for your sins."