Chapter 26

My job the day of the party was to keep Damien busy and out of the house. I did, with a slight twist. I kept him in my room till it was time for us to get ready. How? Simple, we ended sleeping right up till after lunch. When we finally woke up, we ended up watching a movie on my laptop and halfway through, Belle brought a light lunch up for us. So, we basically spent the whole day holed up in my room, not like I am complaining. Surprisingly, when the clock struck five, which was the time I was supposed to make sure he goes gets ready, Damien stood up on his own and said that he was gonna take a shower and get dressed for tonight's barbecue. Once I showered, I put on my new black bikini since that was the dress code. 

Not feeling as confident as my Victoria Secret Angel best friend, I donned a black cover up and let my hair flow down my back, in its natural waves

Not feeling as confident as my Victoria Secret Angel best friend, I donned a black cover up and let my hair flow down my back, in its natural waves. No point styling it since we were gonna get wet anyways. I didn't even bother with makeup, since it was only family and close friends and like I said, we were gonna get wet anyways. Checking my reflection one last time in the mirror, I smile, noticing the light in my blue eyes, something I hadn't seen in many years. I walk out of the room and head downstairs. The house was quiet, Damien and I the only ones here. Everyone else was already on the beach, waiting in anticipation. I look at the clock, smiling when I realise we're on schedule. I'm about to call for Damien when I hear someone coming out of the kitchen. I turn, smiling.

"Hey, there..."I trail off, all words flying out of my mouth when I take him in. He's in shorts and a fitted white tee, showcasing his biceps and the shirt is made of a thin material that you could see the outline of his eight pack underneath. 

I swallow, forcing my brain to continue my sentence but Damien doesn't seem to notice my gawking since he too is busy staring at me, slack jawed

I swallow, forcing my brain to continue my sentence but Damien doesn't seem to notice my gawking since he too is busy staring at me, slack jawed. I blush under his intense gaze, not missing the way his hazel eyes darken. I shake my head, snapping myself out of it.

"There you are. Come on, we're gonna be late." I take a step forward, waiting for him by the back door that leads to the beach. He takes a step forward, his gaze not breaking from mine.

"You're gonna keep this cover up on the whole time."

I furrow my eyebrows at him,"Why?"

"Because I don't want anyone staring at you."