Chapter 20

Author's  Note

Hey guys. I hope you guys are liking the book so far. I know it's far from perfect but I sincerely hope you guys love Dalex! Don't forget, vote, comment and share.

~Shobster~

Damien and I are back to normal now. I realised that it was no use avoiding him, in fact it was exhausting and I was selfish. I enjoyed his company and I knew or rather I hoped that this crush would fade off in a while. No point dreaming about a future that was never going to happen. I spent the week as normal; work, lunch with Damien and occasionally dinner with him too. for the first time in a long time, I was truly happy but happiness was never a constant in my life. There was a weapons shipment coming in that night for the agency and I was supposed to head to the docks to pick it up and follow the trailer back to HQ. I was hanging out with Damien at my place after work and I was completely exhausted. I decided to get in a little shut-eye before having to head down to HQ. I had somehow fallen asleep while chatting with Damien on the couch.

My alarm clock woke the both of us up and I groaned at the goddamn sound

My alarm clock woke the both of us up and I groaned at the goddamn sound. Turning off the alarm, I squint at the time and sigh when it says 11 pm. I turn around and gently nudge Damien awake. Somehow, the both of us ended up laying down on my couch, cuddled closely. I blush at our intimate position, scolding myself at how comfortable I was. Damien stirs awake and sends me a breathtaking smile when his eyes focus on my blue ones.He pulls me closer, planting a kiss on my hairline.

"Good morning."

"more like good night."

He groans,"Mm, why did you wake me up then?"

"Arius, I need to go."

"No, you're not going anywhere." he says like a petulant little child.

"Arius, I need to head to HQ. Why don't you go sleep in the guest room?"

I did not want him driving home when he was so tired and I was not gonna bother his driver. Plus, I would never tell him this but the nightmares never came when he slept with me. Even the voices were less frequent now. He cracks open his eye before sighing and sitting up, pulling me too. Gently tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, he says,

"Why don't you go back to sleep? I'll take care of the shipment."

I shake my head,"No, you're tired. You sleep and I'll go. It won't take long."

He stands up, lifting me up before depositing back on the couch. In a tone that leaves no room for argument, he says,"No, you're barely able to stand on your feet angel. Sleep and I'll be back before you know it." He places a kiss on my forehead before grabbing his keys and phone, out the front door before I could stop him. I stare at the closed door, sighing in defeat. I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to tackle some of my emails. Heading into my office, I power up my iMac and get started. Halfway through, I become restless and can't concentrate on my work. Looking at the clock, I notice that it's already almost 2 in the morning. Damien should have been back by now. I decide to wait for a little while more before calling him. Just then, my phone rings and i pick up.