Chapter 32

My blood runs cold at his words. The reason I was doing this was to keep them safe, to keep him safe. Maintaining a blank expression, I say,

"What makes you think I care about Damien?"

Oliver chuckles, taking a seat in front of me.

"I've been watching you ever since you came back home Alex. You really need to be more careful of your friends."

I stiffen, glaring at him.

"Justin's dead in case you didn't know."

"Oh, I wasn't talking about Justin. He was just a small fish in my pond. Anyways, let's talk about what you're gonna do for me."

"I'm not doing anything for you, you asshole."

He yanks me forward by my hair, looking me dead in the eye.

"Where is the chip?"

"What chip? You mean potato chips, I could really have one right now. I'm starving."

He kicks me in the shin, absolutely furious.

"I'm not in the mood for games, Alex. WHERE IS THE GODDAMN CHIP?"

I shrug boredly,"Jeez man. No need to get your knickers in a twist."

Oliver glares at me for a few seconds, seething before a cold smirk appears on his face. He unties me but I'm too weak to actually fight back. Besides, if I wanted to escape from this hellhole, I was gonna need all the energy I could get.

"Do you why I targeted you, Alex?"

I shrug, and he continues.

"When I first met you, there was something different about you but I shrugged it off. I was happy that Kaiden was happy but I should have listened to my instincts. I will admit, after he died, I suspected you but I couldn't find anything remotely suspicious about you. In fact, you looked genuinely broken. So, I forgot about you and tried to move on. And then, this shit with the Navy happened and I had enough. I had enough of all these governments controlling us, lying and cheating us. it was time for a change, time for a revolution. So, I started The Syndicate. Turns out, there were many others who shared my views. I started off with the gangs who did not want to cooperate. Then, I moved on to the enforcement agencies. That's when I struck the gold mine. I found out about your little agency and imagine my surprise when I saw who was leading it;Alexandria Winters and Damien Black. "

He stops pacing, pinning me against the wall.

"You knew how dangerous this world is and you chose to bring my brother into it. YOU KILLED HIM! He was 18, barely starting life and you put a bullet in his chest. You're a fucking murderer and yet you get to walk freely on the streets, drive fancy cars and own private jets. I know you killed Jacob, I have to thank you for that but did you think that was gonna make things better? Oh, you don't get off the hook that easily, Alex. You ruined my life, now watch me ruin yours. "

He slams me down on the ground and black dots cloud my vision. A kick to my ribs jerks me back to painful reality and I look up to find a smirking Oliver. 

"I'm gonna get my revenge, come hell or high water." He spits out before slamming my head against the wall, causing me to black out. 

I wake up feeling disoriented and in pain. Trying to stand up, I realise I'm no longer in the same room.

"Aah, Sleeping Beauty's awake."

"I'm..gonna fucking..murder you." I say in a slurred tone but Oliver just laughs evilly.

"Oh Alex. you really crack me up. Your team doesn't even know where you are. Aah, the perks of having a Victorian age bungalow. You get secret underground tunnels.  No one's gonna help you except yourself. So, tell me where is the chip?"