Chapter 18

I flop onto my bed, completely exhausted but I can't go to sleep. I promised Casey that I would meet him for drinks and it was almost midnight anyway. Changing into a pair of jeans and a satin slip, I throw a blazer on top since I would be working after that. Washing off my heavy makeup applying a natural, light layer instead, I throw my hair up into a high ponytail and slip into a pair of flats. No way was I wearing heels again. Grabbing my phone, I walk out of my room only to bump into Damien who was just about to get into his room. I curse mentally, hoping he would just go into his room.

"Hey." he says, a smile on his face.

I nod, mumbling a small Hey back before walking ahead. He catches my wrist, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" 

You! You are what's wrong. Just drop the damn act Damien. That's what I want to yell out but all I say is,"Nothing.Excuse me but I'm gonna be late."

I attempt to pull my wrist out of his grip but his grip only tightens. He scans my outfit, just realising I was dressed semi-formally.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm working."

"Working?"

"Yes, working. Now, if you would excuse me." I rip my wrist out of his grip and walk ahead, glad that I didn't have to wait for the elevator. I lean against the railing, attempting to control my anger. How dare he act all nice. Whatever feelings I thought I had for him are gone, long gone. Stepping out of the elevator, I walk towards the bar, spotting casey at a table towards the back. He grins widely when he sees me, standing up to give me a hug. I smile back genuinely, hugging him back. We order our drinks before chatting about everything and anything under the sun. 

We're there till two in the morning when Casey yawns. We've actually only had two drinks each so neither of us were even tipsy. I look at my watch and realise that I need to get to work. We call it a night or day, i don't know. I walk Casey to the elevator and when it opens, I give him a hug,wishing him goodnight. He hugs me back tightly, holding me for a few seconds too long. As he pulls away, he looks me seriously in the eye and says,"You're amazing, you know that."

I feel a little uncomfortable at this unCasey-like behaviour but brush it off.

"Someone's gone soft." I say teasingly. A flash of hurt quickly passes through his eyes but he covers it up with a glare so quickly I think I imagine it.

"Shut up." I chuckle, pushing him into the elevator.

"Goodnight, Casey bear."

"Ally" he says warningly but I simply wave at him innocently as the doors close. Rubbing a hand over my tired eyes, I turn in the direction of the office. Time to get to work.

I walk out of the elevator, having just solved a problem with housekeeping. Technically, this was Mike's job but this was the first night that the hotel was running full house and I wanted to be as hands on as possible. After all, he was going to be here 24/7 after this. I had been awake for 24 hours now and it was 8 in the morning. I walk into the cafe, where I'm meeting everyone for breakfast. Thank God, I'm starving. Casey is the first person to spot me and his eyes widen at the sight of me. Jeez, I didn't think I looked that bad. He stands up, pulling me in for a hug.

"You look like death warmed over."

Rolling my eyes at him, I say"Charming as ever, I see."

He chuckles before turning serious,"When you told me you were working last night, I didn't think you were gonna work overnight." 

I give him a tired smile, sitting in the empty seat next to him, across from Belle. Jay is next to her and Damien's next to him. 

"You've been up all night?"dad says in shock. I nod, taking a sip of my coffee.