Chapter 10

Signalling at my team to move forward, we stealthily creep forward, shooting any guard that comes our way. "Jay, we clear?"I whisper into my comms. Jay is on Alpha team. 

"Cameras are down, Al. All clear." 

"Casey, those guards on the roof taken care of?"

 "They're not gonna be moving anywhere, Allie." I raise an eyebrow at Casey's new nickname for me but decide to not pursue it. 

Speaking into my comms,"Charlie team, you ready?" 

Hearing a choruses of yes, I say"On my count, one two, three, move in." We move in simultaneously, coming in from all the entrances. shooting all the guards, my team and I move upstairs where al-Syed is. Bursting into his bedroom, we find him pointing a gun at us, having been rudely awakened from his sleep.

'Put the gun down,al-Syed. You're outnumbered."

 His gaze moves wildly between us before he obviously realises he's on his own. He slowly places the gun on the bed beside him, his hands coming behind his head. I motion for one of my team members to cuff him and pat him down. Once he's safely in cuffs, I whisper into comms,"Package is secured, I repeat, package is secured." 

I hear jay and Casey reply,"Roger that, Charlie team." We move out from the room, slowly heading down the stairs still alert of any more threats. Moving out into the helicopter, I stand by as my members pile into the heli with al-Syed. Just as my last teammate is about to climb in, a metallic glint catches the corner of my eye. Instinctively, I push my teammate out the way, aiming at the sniper up on the roof . I shoot at the sniper, effectively killing him but he manages to release a shot. I feel the bullet tear through my shoulder flesh, thankfully coming out on the other side. My teammates help me into the heli and I  immediately slump on the seat. This isn't my first time being shot but it doesn't mean it's any less painful. I hear one of my teammates shout into comms,"Man down. I repeat, man down." Jay's voice comes out frantically,"Who is it, Charlie team?" 

I motion to him to not answer but Jay's voice comes on again,"Charlie team, who is it dammit?" my man sends me an apologetic look before answering softly,"It's Alex, Jay."

 I hear him cuss before saying,"Charlie team, you guys are gonna head straight to the hospital. Do you copy?" Before he could reply, I answer into my comms,"Negative, Alpha team. We'll meet you back at HQ."

 "Al, you've been shot. You need medical attention." 

"Jay, it's a clean shot. Dr Baker can fix it back at HQ." Dr Baker was our doctor who was permanently attached to us, courtesy of the US government.

 "Al, don't be stubborn. Mount Sinai is less than 10 minutes away."

 I sigh,"Jay, honestly I'm fine. I'm not gonna bleed out in 15 minutes."

 I can hear Jay about to protest so I cut him off,"Alpha team, we are gonna meet you back at HQ. That's an order. Do you copy?" 

There's a few seconds silence before I hear Jay answer defeatedly,"Affirmative, Charlie team." I lean back, applying pressure on my wound. Casey was gonna have some answering to do, it was his team's job to do air surveillance. All snipers should have been taken out before we even entered the building. I was lucky this was only a shoulder shot.If I had not pushed my teammate out of the way, he would have been shot in the back, which could have lead to paralysis or worse, death. 

"Alex, thank you. You shouldn't have pushed me out of the way." I turn to see my teammate, Emmett, remorse etched on his face. I smile at him despite the pain,"It's okay, Emmett. You would have done the same." 

"I know, but i feel awful. Are you sure you don't want us to land at Mount Sinai?"

 "Positive. I'm fine." My teammates take turns applying pressure on the wound, trying to control the bleeding. Some had even taken on the task of telling me jokes to keep me conscious. 15 agonizing minutes later, we touch down at HQ helipad. Emmett and one of my other men move to carry me but i stop them. Does my shoulder hurt like a bitch? Yes. Will I hurt it even more when I jump of the heli? Definitely. But, will I act like a little girl in front of my agents? Hell no. Gritting  my teeth and sucking in a deep breath, I hop out of the heli as gracefully as I can. a jolt is sent through my shoulder when my feet hit the ground and I bite my lip to stop from letting out a scream. Before I could take another step forward though, I'm lifted up bridal style and held gently against a warm, t-shirt clad muscular chest. Yelping out in surprise, I let out a "What the hell?" before looking up and meeting two brown pools of worry and anger. "Damien, what are you doing? Put me down?"