Chapter 24

Extra long chapter just for you guys...Vote, comment and share.

The next two weeks pass by in a blur. Since Damien is back at work, my workload has significantly reduced but my evenings after work are spent at HQ with Damien, Casey and Jay trying to weed out any more moles in our ranks. We use the two weeks to carry out various traps from purposely leaking information to using decoys during shipments and mission. However, no one is caught and we even spent hours going through all our agents' files trying to identify anyone who had reason to betray us. We even managed to track a few of them but all was in vain. It seems like Justin was the only mole we had. Speaking of Justin, he was found dead in his cell the next morning. A few of our agents had gone to retrieve him since the CIA would be coming over soon to take custody of him but they found him dead, hanging from the ceiling. He had somehow used his pillowcase and created a noose out of it in the middle of the night. It was frustrating needless to say since I'm pretty sure the CIA could have gotten more information out of him.

I rub my eyes wearily, closing the last folder. There was nothing suspicious at all about any of our agents. No personal vendetta although Justin proved that you didn't need one, none of them had any suspicious phone calls or activity, they were all well paid and well taken care of too. I look over at the boys and grimace when they have no luck too.

"I don't think we have any other moles." Casey says and the rest agree with him.

I nod,"yeah, I think so too."

The boys are planning another operation to weed out any moles but my mind keeps drifting back to my conversation with Justin in interrogation. I grab the laptop on the table and log into our database. I search the name 'Oliver' and add 'London' as place of origin and a few names pop up. I go through each of them but some of them are in jail while some don't have the military expertise to pull this off. I search the databases of the CIA, SSS, MI6, Mossad, FBI and even Interpol but no one seems to fit the profile.

"What you looking at?" Damien says from behind me. I turn the laptop towards him, ignoring the tingles when he leans from the back, chin perched on my shoulder. jay and Casey come over too.

"When we were interrogating Justin, he let slip the name Oliver. From the way he spoke about him, it was clear that he looked up to him which probably means Oliver is the head honcho of the organization or at least someone who is the linchpin of The Syndicate. So, I decided to search all the databases for people named Oliver but no one appears to fit the profile. Some of them are in jail and those who are wanted can't be the Oliver we're looking for."

Damien scans the names and nods,"true, this Oliver obviously has military training. When Uncle Sam showed Alex and I pictures of their victims, all of them had a few things in similar. One of them was the style of assassination. It was military style, smack dab in the center of the forehead and considering the fact that some of these agents were killed by snipers indicates that even his crew is military trained."

I nod,"Each victim also had a medallion placed beside their bodies. I researched the medallion."

i pull up an image of it.