Chapter 7

As I was about to leave the school, I started to go back to Mr.Miles class to get my phone and my shoes, but I wasn't about to take any chance with him trying me again.

   I left the school and started to walk home since I had no way of contacting anyone to come pick me up. Honesty stayed close to the school but I didn't feel comfortable going over there telling her and her mother what had just happened so I just walked home. I thought hard about whether or not I should tell my parents what had just happened to me, I decided not to tell them only because my mom is so over dramatic and probably would of moved us out of the state because of the incident and I didn't wanna leave my life behind or run away from my problems.

  I entered the house thru the side door, which lead to the kitchen where my mom was sitting there with the phone in her hand and a coffee mug on front of her.

   "Where have you been" she asked me.

"Uh over Egypt house. I started to call you but my phone was dead and Egypt phone is cut off"

"Mmhmm, I think you was out with some little boy"

"Come on mama, I wouldn't lie to you"

"And where are your clothes, I know I ain't never brought you nothing like that, and where are your shoes?!!"

"MAMA! We had a food fight at Egypt house and I got all dirty, I had to settle for her jeans and her brother shirt, I looked at the clock and seen what time it was and knew I would be in trouble big time and her mom wasn't there to drop me off so I ran/walked home. That ankle biting dog from up the street started chasing me and I ran even faster breaking one of the flipflops I put on after cheer practice and I just kicked the other one off they were slowing me down anyways. I also dropped my phone somewhere because I can't seem to find it nowhere, Now anymore questions momma?"

   "Don't get smart with me, go shower and come eat, your dad brought you subway."

"I know he told me." I said as I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to shower. I felt super filthy and even more dirtier for hiding the truth from my mom.