Chapter 9

~Penelope's P.O.V ~

My phone started ringing as we reached our destination, the abandoned Virginia For You headquarters. I answered it.

"Garcia speaking."

"Hey Garcia." The voice was a male, high pitched and unmistakable. Reid sounded like he was rushing though.

"Hey Reid. What's up?"

"Are you in the office right now?"

"No, but I have my laptop on me. Why?"

"Can you search up the relatives of Trevor Kendrick. Leah said that he looked vaguely familiar, but not by much."

"Sure." I turned to Morgan and told him that I had to stay in the van for Reid.

"Okay, but I'm staying with you." I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Call me overprotective, but I love you too much to leave you alone." I smiled and blew him a kiss.

I sat back down and turned on my laptop. I opened up a search window and did all the searching I could. Finally I brought my ear back up to the phone. "Okay hun, Trevor's parents, Laura and Sean Kendrick were neurosurgeons. They worked at a family owned hospital, in which Trevor and his little brother, Declan volunteered at daily. The parents died in a car crash in 2004. Trevor, who just graduated from high school, was left by himself to bring up his then 14 year old brother. This caused him to cancel his plans on going to college."

"What is Declan doing now?" Reid asked.

I dug a little deeper. "He coaches wrestling on Thursdays and football on Saturdays."

"Tell me, baby..." This came from the never failing flirt, you guessed it, Derek Morgan. "...do they have any other family members that are not deceased."

I checked some more, coming to a dead end. I shook my head. "Sorry, love, their parents were the only children in their families."

Reid spoke again. "Garcia, can you do a background check on Declan, and Trevor too, while you're at it."

"Sugar, who do you think I am to refuse whatever you ask of me?" I heard Morgan grunt, and fought the temptation to giggle.

"Thanks. I have to go. I'm going to stop by the library to get some research done. Cruz gave me a cold case and wanted to see what I would make of it, mentioning something about finally being able to solve it with me around. I might call you and ask you for help later. Hope you don't mind."

"Dr., first of all, breathe after every sixth word. Second of all, I love you too much to mind doing some research for you. It's my job anyways." I heard Morgan groan, and caught him rolling his eyes. I slapped him on the arm

"Thanks. Call me when you get something on the brothers." With that he hung up. Sometimes Reid over thinks things. I'm always happy to help.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Morgan shaking his head. "So now you chose Reid, huh? That son of an Einstein. I'm going to get him..."

I stuck my index finger in his face. "Do not forget that I'm still disappointed in you risking your life and scaring the crap out of me by driving an ambulance full of explosives..." Morgan tried to defend himself. "AH-AH-AH, I'm not done. All while I was talking to you on the phone. You're lucky I love you."

With that, I returned to typing away and scribbling things down. Morgan wasn't saying anything. Haha, that's what you get Mr. Perfect. I smiled to myself.

A few minutes passed and I had totally forgotten Morgan was still there. Eventually, he spoke again.

"Garciaa~" he whined. Oh my gosh. I swear I will kill him. He knows the effect of his whining on me.

"No, Derek, do not. I promise you, I will show no mercy." I was already laughing. He was so cute.

"What, you'll spank me~?" he said flirtatiously, smirking. Oh no he did not.

"Damnit Derek, that's my line to embarrass you!" We both started laughing. Morgan was awesome in so many ways. Savannah is one lucky lady.

"You're great Derek, and I love you so much. But I need to get back to this." He hummed in response. By the time I finished, everybody else had come back.

"Did you guys find anything?" Morgan asked.

J.J. answered. "Despite the building being shut down, locked, and abandoned, we found that the lock had been tampered with. We got inside the building and there were signs of someone living in there. We found new clothing, food and other goods bought at least five days ago, recent usage of the bathroom, and other things."

"Were you able to get any prints?"

They all shook their heads and Emily spoke. "This person used gloves all over the building, and when he was done with them, he burned them." She pointed to a heap at the corner of the building. "This guy definitely knew that we were going to come sooner at later."

"Well it couldn't be Trevor or Declan." I started. Everyone looked at me questionably.

"Yeah, they live together in a two story house at the far end of town. Also, the last time any of them bought anything was 8 days ago, as shown through Declan's credit card account."

Now everyone looked totally stumped, despite being the BAU, the agents who even solved the murder of the great Jason Gideon. To have them look so shocked and tired was a first. I was going to say something reassuring, but I didn't know what to say, so I kept my mouth shut.