Chapter 21

~Shima's P.O.V.~
I hadn't even felt the impact of the bullet. I was already in a very bright place, all white and clean. The floor was paved with gold. The wood of the furniture was a pure white, and the objects that had fabric were threaded with gold linen. There was only one other person in the room.

I stared at her, astonished. Her olive skin was smooth and shining. Part of her long, wavy, raven-colored hair was pinned back with a golden hair pin that had a flower design and a diamond in the middle. She had on a pure white silk dress that loosely hung off of her shoulders. Her curvaceous hips and long, slim legs moved with such fluidity and graciousness as that of a queen as she walked. Her feet delicately padded the floor, perfectly shifting the weight from heel to toe. Loose curls cascaded down her back, around her covered breasts and sides, bouncing as she moved. Her slim neck held her head high, making her look like royalty. Her stunning silver eyes were locked on mine.

It was Leah. Leah Qureshi. The one I had married. She walked up to me, a small smile gracing her face. Her silky voice rang in my ears as she spoke so delicately.

"Shima," she purred. My groin tensed in lust at every thing about her.

Slowly, I started to walk toward her. I reached my hand out to her. But when my skin made contact with hers, the room became dark. My hand melded together with her body. I was stuck. I tried to yank it out, but it was no use. When I looked up, it wasn't Leah who was looking at me. An ear to ear grin was carved on a paper white face. Behind the lips were teeth covered in blood. The eyes were pulled from their sockets, leaving a trail of blood on both cheeks.

I whimpered in horror. "L-LET GO!"

A deep chuckle arose from the hideous being's mouth. "Don't you remember me Shima?" It begged. "Remember how beautifully you carved my cheeks? How you prodded my lids and forced out my eyes? Don't you remember the image you created?! Aren't you proud?!" It laughed more maniacally now. "Now, you will go to the depths of Hell! Your work will be appreciated amongst the demon king and his slaves! You will be shown the best of the best treatment! Unquenchable fire, undying worms, scorpions, serpents, blood, knives, unending hunger and thirst!"

Soon enough I felt a tugging at my ankles. I looked down to see black goo covering my feet and pulling me down somewhere I couldn't see. I screamed. "Help, please, PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU, STOP THIS!"

"BASTARD!" she screamed. "I said the same words when you put me through this agony" she yelled, pointing to herself. "Why should you get any different?!" Her fit of laughter came again. "You're going to have a marvelous eternity down there!"

"PLEASE! I'M SORRY!"

She cackled harder. Soon the goo was up to my jawbone, and covering my mouth.

"PL-" I began to choke on the goo. I couldn't breath. It went down my lungs, into my stomach, and I even felt it in my bloodstream. A wave of electricity went through me, and I started to lose consciousness. All I saw was her smile, before my eyes fully closed.

My fault.