Chapter 15

~ Derek's P.O.V. ~

I sat in the waiting room, answering phone calls coming from the team, asking about Reid's condition. All I could tell them was that he was still under treatment. But it was getting out of hand even now. They'd been treating him for 12 hours now. I sighed and rubbed my face as I got off the phone with Penelope. Then I heard footsteps coming in my direction.

I looked up and saw Savannah walking up to me, and I instantly shot up from my seat. I cupped her face and gave her a kiss. "Tell me something good."

She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. "Unfortunately we're out of good He's been having seizures every hour or so and he's vomiting and coughing up blood. We got a sample of his blood and found some unknown chemical in it. That might be causing those abnormal symptoms, but it has never been seen before. So we don't have a cure for him, but we're trying our best." She gave me an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, but we're still running tests and we're hitting dead ends. I don't want to say this, but there is a chance-"

I interrupted her. "Don't, Savannah, don't say that. Reid's going to be okay. He is, please!" I sit down and put both hands on my face. "Damn...he'll be okay...shit..." I curse under my breath.

I feel Savannah's hand on my shoulder. She smiled at me. "He'll be okay, I don't know what we'll do, but I'll make sure of it. I gotta go. I'll call you when we have something." She waves and then walks back to the room. I sigh and call up Rossi.

~ David's P.O.V. ~

I sigh and put down my phone. "What did he say?" I look to my side and see Garcia looking at me worriedly.

I sigh. "Come in, Garcia."

She obliged and sits in one of the chairs in front of my desk.

"Reid was shot with a bullet that had some unknown chemical. Because of that, he's vomiting, having seizures, and is coughing up blood." Garcia gasps, clasping her mouth as I see tears starting to form.

"Derek says he's still under treatment as we speak." Garcia begins to sob. I get up from my seat and rub her back.

"This is Reid we're talking about. We don't have to worry."

She looks up at me. "But still, this is our Reid. The thirty year old who isn't old enough even now to become an FBI agent. He's more brains than brawn, not to be rude. He doesn't have much physical strength. The poor thing." She sobbed harder.

I sighed. "We can't be so pessimistic at such a crucial time. We can only hope for the best in future events."

Her crying lessened, and she looked up at me again, this time slightly smiling. "You never let bad things let you down sir. I really look up to you for that." I smile at her and pat her back.

"Well, we can't be sitting around, can we?" I give her my hand to help her from her chair, and she takes it.

"Now, let's get back to business. We have a criminal to catch."

She smiles at me and nods. "Yes sir."