Chapter 12

~ David's P.O.V.~

As Morgan and I get out of the car, we're met with a strange scene. The door to Linda's house is left wide open, and there seems to be no movement. We look at each other before taking our guns out of their holsters and slowly walking closer to the front door.

We walk in and see Emily and Reid lying on the floor unconscious. Emily has a wire connecting to a taser shot in her abdomen. Reid has a few bruises and a gash to his head.

Morgan checks both of their pulses before he takes out his walkie-talkie and calls for an ambulance. We continue into the silent house.

When we reach the kitchen, the walls and the floor are covered in blood. We walk around the island and find Linda at the floor, a large cut splitting the skin of her neck. It was too late.

I knelt down to check for any signs of struggle, or trauma anywhere on her body. Morgan searches the rest of the house. When he comes back, anger and worry is shown on his face.

"Rossi, you're not going to like this."

I shook my head. "She's gone, isn't she?" Morgan was silent. I sighed. "Let's just get Prentiss and Reid back up."

Once the ambulance comes and Reid and Prentiss are conscious, the rest of us decide on something.

"Prentiss, Reid, both of you need to stay at the hospital and rest." Prentiss became furious, but Reid didn't argue, considering the condition he was in.

"Rossi, you need-" Prentiss started.

"No, Emily, you can't interfere. That man hit you with 50,000 volts of electricity, and you were unconscious for 12 hours. Not to mention you failed the vision test, your words are slurred and you need crutches to walk. What makes you think you're going to walk out of this hospital anytime soon?"

Emily looked down with sadness. "Just find her, Rossi. Find Leah and keep her safe, please." She looked back up at me and frowned.

I patted her shoulder. "I would never let that son of a bitch do anything to her."

I was about to walk out before someone called me. "Uh, Rossi!"

I turned to around to see Spencer hobbling towards me with a crutch steadying him in one hand and an ice pack to his head in another.

I walked over to him. "Sit down." I said. He obliged and I sat next to him. "Now, what do you need?"

He looked at me and started. "I know the exact man you're looking for."