[ 9 ] * Stay

*

"So you like it?"

As if he has a long hair, Baekhyun puts an imaginary stray hair behind his ear. He tries not to smile as he looks down on the floor.

Chanyeol just furrows his eyebrows.

"What the fuck, Baekhyun?"

"You don't like it?"

"Who told you to dye your hair like mine?"

"No one!" Baekhyun answers. "I look pretty right? My new silver hair looks good on me right? We're like Jack Frost and Jack Frost the 2nd, right? "

"NO," Chanyeol says back, raising an eyebrow. He sighs. "Just come here."

"Where?"

"Here, beside me."

Baekhyun walks towards Chanyeol and sits on the bed beside him.

"If you don't like it, then I'll dye my hair back to black."

"No," Chanyeol says as he gently combs his fingers through the strands of Baekhyun's silver hair, "It's not that bad actually."

That earns a smile on Baekhyun's mouth.

"Really?"

"Yeah." Chanyeol removes his hand and Baekhyun seems to purr like a cat in discontent.

Silence.

Eyes trained on his feet, Baekhyun is wiggling his toes for the sake of having something to do. He only bought bleach and hair dye through online, and he dyed his hair by himself in attempt to ease boredom. He hasn't gone out of Chanyeol's house ever since the incident happen, and that was like, five days ago. So that only means he has been staying with Chanyeol for almost a week. He's actually running out of clothes to wear, but Chanyeol said that he can wear his clothes anytime he wants.

Who is Baekhyun to refuse that?

Chanyeol seems a little bit off lately, Baekhyun notices. It's like, he's been holding back to something that he wants to do that Baekhyun can't really put a finger on. Come to think of it, Chanyeol hasn't been touching him, too. Baekhyun doesn't know if the other male is still disgusted with him, or he just doesn't feel like it to make love.

Testing the waters, Baekhyun lowkey inches himself closer to Chanyeol who is currently busy reading a book about Structural Engineering he doesn't give a a single damn. He side-eyes him and moves closer, but Chanyeol only flips the next page of his book.

Another silence.

Baekhyun tries again. He wiggles his butt as he moves, until he is just a hairsbreadth away from Chanyeol's body, their arms brushing warmly against each other.

That seems to do the trick though, because Chanyeol finally takes his eyes off the book to peer over at him.

"What are you doing," Chanyeol mutters.

"I'm breathing," Baekhyun states obviously, "and sitting next to you."

"I'm trying to study so I'll deal with you later, so could you just," Chanyeol massages his temples, "stay away?"

"You told me to sit beside you and now you're telling me to stay away."

"What I mean is the distance," Chanyeol says. He looks at the large vacancy on the other side of the bed. "There's a lot of room in this bed so don't get too close. Have you ever heard of personal space?"