[ 13 ] Hesitation

*

"What are you thinking about?" Baekhyun asks in a soft voice as he turns to Chanyeol who hasn't said anything the moment he spilled his decision.

They're at a public park sitting on a wooden bench for two. Chanyeol has his legs crossed nonchalantly, while Baekhyun has his hands folded on his lap, looking down at the ground.

"I guess I'm asking you too much, aren't I?" Baekhyun mutters, "I'm sorry, Chanyeol-sunbae, for hesitating like this. You know I'd do anything for you, but Sehun is also important to me and I can't just suddenly leave him alone."

Chanyeol uncrosses his legs and removes his hands from his pockets before facing Baekhyun beside him.

Silence fills the two of them until Chanyeol speaks.

"This is the second time that you did it," he says in a voice Baekhyun fears the most, "and it's all because of the same person."

Baekhyun never meets his eyes, they were turning into a shade of amber and it makes his heart ache.

"You just indirectly told me that you are choosing that person for now," Chanyeol continues. "And after that, you're going to come to me after graduation, when you'd both have your separate lives."

He chuckles bitterly.

"Bullshit. Come to understand that I shouldn't be one of your choices."

That pierces right into Baekhyun's heart.

"I should be your only choice," Chanyeol says. "Tell me, have you been seeing me because I satisfy your lust?"

Baekhyun shakes his head furiously but he doesn't speak. He knows he isn't allowed to talk back yet.

"I don't exactly know what's with that person that you keep on choosing him over someone that already owns you," Chanyeol says as he gives Baekhyun a downcast glare, "If you truly have the love you've been blabbering about, you won't hesitate and just come to me when I tell you."

"I-I love you," Baekhyun says, his voice shaking, "I really do..."

"You love me?" Chanyeol asks, "Or you just love my cock?"

Baekhyun's eyes widen, shaking his head again. He presses his lips into a thin line, holding himself back.

"Speak."

"I-I will do anything for you even if you don't fuck me. I can bear with it and I can stand it," Baekhyun mutters, "I want to stay with you because I love you..."

Chanyeol knows Baekhyun all too well, he has memorized his body, all the more his body language and the way he speaks.

But a part of him doesn't want to trust him. There's a part of him that is wanting to keep distance.

"Maybe you have the same reason why I kept you by my side before. I loved fucking you because you were my slut," Chanyeol says, "Now you're turning the tables, aren't you? You're really a slut."

"No! I'm not lying... I'm not thinking that way!" Baekhyun defends. "I'm not turning the tables. I'm not... I'm not a slut..."

"You can't play that way, Byun Baekhyun," Chanyeol threats, "You can't cheat on me like that."

"I'm not cheating on you," Baekhyun says, "Sehun is my long-time friend. He's a family... I don't love him like how I.... Like how I adore you."