[ 41 ] Behind Closed Doors : * Halloween Special Chapter

*

"What are you still doing there?"

Baekhyun smiles melancholically at the painting of a beautiful lady in red hanging on the wall. His eyes linger for seconds at the smudged-written letters below it, PCY x BBH, and grazes his fingertips along it.

"Hey, Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun turns his head. "Chanyeol sunbae!"

Chanyeol walks towards him in his halloween costume, standing beside the smaller male as he checks out the portrait Baekhyun has been looking at. A vivid memory registers in his mind--- Baekhyun screaming and crying while running along the corridor, and he himself tripping on the stairs and chasing after Baekhyun with a sharpie in hand.

Chanyeol laughs under his breath.

"Do you remember it, too?" Baekhyun asks, grinning at him, "We won the three am challenge of this haunted painting two years ago."

"How could I forget," Chanyeol says, shrugging nonchalantly. "You were sobbing in fear that time. I thought you were gonna piss your pants."

"Says the one who passed out when he was chased by the fake ghost," Baekhyun teases.

Chanyeol rolls his eyes and threads his fingers through his green hair.

"Shut up."

That is only when Baekhyun notices the other male's halloween look for tonight. His hair is dyed green, his face has white foundation all over while his eyes are emphasized with black eyeliner. His mouth is tainted red with liptint that matches his red opened coat exposing his fake-tattooed body.

Baekhyun's eyes widen in surprise.

"I know, I look bad," Chanyeol says, clearing his throat, "Just so you know. I don't really wanna fucking dress up as Joker but the department wants me to, so I had no choice."

"No! You look so handsome, Chanyeol sunbae," Baekhyun compliments with his eyes shining, ogling at Chanyeol's revealing cleavage. Chanyeol throws him a sharp look, before deciding to close his buttons to hide it. Baekhyun pouts. "Aww, it's gone now..."

"You bitch," Chanyeol mutters. "And what's with that costume of yours? You look like trash."

"Excuse me?" Baekhyun touches his fake blonde hair tied into pigtails. The right is colored pink while the left is colored blue. "I spent six hours having my hair and make up done and that's all you're gonna say."

Chanyeol studies the heart mark and smudge eyeshadow on Baekhyun's face, and it makes him cringe. The male basically looks like a slut with his appearance especially with his sexy crop top and tight fitting shorts.

"You look like a hoe."

"I am a hoe," Baekhyun chuckles playfully, "I have to look like one to win the Best Costume Award!"

"You should've just dressed up a puppy, not Harley Quinn."

"But I want to have matching costumes with you."

Chanyeol proceeds to enter the venue where the booming music is coming from. Baekhyun follows and sticks beside him.

"What are you gonna do with a rice cooker anyway," Chanyeol says, offering forced smiles at his lowerclassmen who greet him on the way, "We have one at home. You don't have to win that."

"I will give it to Sehun! He must be really lonely now that I don't live with him anymore."

Chanyeol stares and shoves Baekhyun away.  "Don't you dare touch me."