[ 12 ] * My Answer is...

*

"Why aren't you calling me yet, Chanyeol-sunbae?"

Seven days has passed and still, Chanyeol never contacted him.

Baekhyun sighs, and puts his arm on top of his forehead to block the sunlight streaking through the curtains of his room.

Chanyeol sure is firm to his words when he said he would give Baekhyun time while Baekhyun is the exact opposite of him. In the span of 168 hours, half of it spent on Baekhyun religiously glancing on his phone waiting for a phone call, while half of it spent on thinking about Chanyeol.

Everyday, every hour, Baekhyun is missing Chanyeol so fucking much, yet he can't bring himself to press call so that he can at least hear his voice.

Let's live together. Move in with me.

We. The two of us. Let's live together.

Like a broken tape on repeat, those words ring again in his ears as he stares blankly at the ceiling of his room. Maybe the blush on his cheeks and the fast thumping of his heart are now too late of a reaction. He should have felt these emotions the day Chanyeol said it, but like an idiot that he is, he wasn't able to properly give a more comprehensible reaction in front of him.

That afternoon truthfully in his heart, he could have said Yes to him, but a Yes when hesitation comes in, becomes an I don't know and I'm not sure, or worst, might become a No.

Baekhyun stops wandering his thoughts around Chanyeol for a while, when a memory suddenly flashes back in his mind.

I wish you could celebrate more birthdays with me, and I wish you could stay by my side though you are not mine.

He brings his fingers to his lips, gently touching them.

"You kissed me."

"Can't I at least do that?"

"Sehun, you know how I feel about Chanyeol-sunbae, so you can't.... do something like that..."

"And your friends on the former Student Council could?"

"They're-- they're differrent... You're not like them."

"Fine then, if you don't want the kiss then you should give it back."

Baekhyun sighs sadly and rolls over the bed, mumbling on his pillow in a low voice, "It's my fault that I feel sorry for him..."

Three knocks on the door to his room is not an asking for permission anymore, when Sehun barges inside carrying a black trash bag. Baekhyun shoots his head up and sits on the bed, watching Sehun pour the contents of his garbage bin into the trash bag.

"You're throwing out the trash?" Baekhyun asks curiously, and Sehun silently nods.

Sehun picks up the empty bottles of yogurt on the floor, as well as those crumpled pieces of paper. He sighs, discarding them inside the trash bag.

The silence is killing Baekhyun so he decides to strike a conversation.

"Uhm, do you still rememer the money I borrowed from you?"

Sehun nods.

"About that... I want to pay you back..."

Silence.

"Do you perhaps have some free time tonight?"

Sehun slightly turns his head to look at him.