27. Unraveling His Secrets

Dedicated to Ms_wannabe_witch. I loved your comments!

chhavi26 You'll love this chapter.

• • •

Chapter 27 | Unraveling His Secrets

"He was the horcrux, she didn't intend to create. He stole a part of her soul and kept it trapped forever."

-youownthewordsofficial

Sometimes in life you witness some things which seem to have no plausible explanation. It is in those instants when misunderstandings make way and you start making judgements. For Mallory, it was one of those moments. She stood in the doorway, gaping at the sight in front of her while Andrew didn't even bother to look up.

She looked around him where the contents of her drawer were sprawled across the floor. As she took a step closer, she realised it wasn't her things that Andrew was going through. They, in fact, belonged to Emily.

"How?" Andrew's voice was a whisper, as his gaze pierced her. "How do you have them?"

Silence.

"Mallory, I asked you something. How did you get her things?" His voice bellowed.

She stared wide eyed at Andrew, only it wasn't Andrew's eyes that stared back at her. They were Emily's! She blinked trying to clear the illusion. Was it a trick of light? It had to be. She closed her eyes trying to focus.

"Did you steal it?" Mallory felt a hand on her shoulder shaking her out of the trance.

She opened her eyes only to find Emily's eyes, an inch away from her face. Whimpering, she took a step back. How was it possible?

"This," Andrew said frantically, his hands held up a silver piece of jewellery, "Where did you find this?"

But Mallory was too dazed to answer as her mind went into a frenzy. In a spur of a moment everything was becoming clear to her. Her eyes widened, as a chain reaction began. Light bulbs glowing in her mind.

E ♡ C

They weren't Emily's initials, after all.

"Y-You..." she spoke up hesitantly.

"Answer me, goddamn it!" His voice screeched.

A shiver ran down her spine at the intensity of his voice. "S-Sherrif Johnson, he gave them to me."

"But why? Why would they give you her things?" His voice held grief and disappointment.

The florist kept talking about a green-eyed boy, just like Emily.

"I have been trying to get my hands on her things, but I never found them." He whispered more to himself than her. "What about this?" He held up the bracelet again.

"I found it in the cemetery," she replied, pinching the bridge of her nose. Why didn't she see it earlier? It was all in front of her eyes, right there all the time. She had been so close to the truth. In fact, she was right all along and yet she let her be carried away by Andrew's pointless arguments.

"Of course! I must have lost it when..." He whispered to himself as he sat back on the floor, his eyes staring at the piece of jewellery like it was the most precious thing in the world.