41. Game On

A 100K reads? :') Thank you! 🖤

I was kinda planning on double update but I just cannot get enough time for the next chapter. So, until then, enjoy this! (:

Chapter 41 | Game on

"Even though we never said it to each other.

We knew."

Mallory was walking back from the bathroom, her makeup now fixed, courtesy to a polite girl who had a rather expensive looking eyeliner and equally exorbitant lipstick in her handbag. She considerately offered them both to her. And while Mallory wasn't very keen on sharing cosmetics with strangers, but she had little choice but to accept it. Her tiny purse had nothing but a small pocket perfume. The fact she would do well to remember before indulging in a make out session next time.

As she walked towards the hall, she saw Andrew walking towards her, "There you are. What took you so long?"

"Yet another ignorant male," Mallory groaned. "Fixing make up is an art, Andrew. And you don't rush art."

"I was waiting for you to come out."

"Good for you. Now let's go," she patted his cheek and started moving past him.

"You stop right there and complete the conversation first."

"There is no conversation." She said without stopping or turning back.

Andrew stormed towards her and nudged her towards the wall. His hand enclosed her arm pining it to the wall with force, "Quit playing, Mallory." He whispered.

There was momentary silence following which Mallory's eyes trailed his hand enclosed around her arm to his face, "This was a lot more intimidating a few months back. Now, you trying to get answers with this pin-to-the-wall strategy is just hot."

She pecked his lips.

Taken aback by the unexpected reaction, his grip relaxed whilst he felt her shrug it off. Still a little dumbfounded he heard her giggle. Then his eyes narrowed infinitesimally.

"Are you drunk?"

"The nice lady in the bathroom might have offered me a little something for my nerv--", she burped then covered her mouth with her palm, "Oops."

"Oh, God. Are you dumb? Why are you accepting drinks from strangers?"

She giggled yet again, "Because it's fun! Obviously, Andrew Bells. It's so much fun! Now let's go," she placed her arm around his shoulder which was still a bit higher for her even with her heels, "Let's go dance the night away and have some fun. And oooh PARTY!"

"We're not here for fun. Let's just go home. I knew this was going to be a bad night." He removed her arm from his shoulder and took her wrist.

"Ugh, with this attitude, I might just need a drink for real!"

"Excuse me?" He stopped in his tracks.

"It was a joke, Andrew. I was playing a joke on you. Normal people don't accept drinks from strangers in bathroom."

"You were acting drunk."

"Yeah, for now. But a couple of hours with you and I might actually have to drink."

"I don't even know what to do with you! It's like everything's a joke to you."

"There must be a compliment in there somewhere."