42. Antonio

Dedicated of each of you hanging in there in these unprecedented times. (:

If you feel isolated or depressed in these times, please please please talk to someone whether it's over the internet or someone in person.

Please take care, guys. ♥️ Remember you all have people who really love you. So don't do anything stupid to hurt them or yourself, okay?

Now, I'll shut up and let you read a long overdue update.

I hope you remember who Mallory, Andrew and Antonio are. xD Read Chapter 29. Trouble in Paradise if you wanna recap who is Victor.

Previously on "That Thing Between You and Me":

Mallory and Andrew go to a party by Victor (Andrew's ex-stepfather.) disguised as Edward and Victoria where they encounter Antonio.

And now...

• • •

Chapter 42 | Antonio

"All the things I was afraid of in the fog, the shadows, and the mist, were neither hidden nor hiding, simply waiting."

-MvDarkLight (Instagram)

• • •

"Hi, Mallory. Good to know that you still remember me," he greeted her like an old friend with such calmness that he might as well be blowing at his nails.

Mallory looked at him and blinked repeatedly not quite understanding what was happening. Maybe, the drinks she had been having weren't non-alcoholic anyway. That was the only plausible explanation. She was hallucinating, just like she did back when it all happened. Agreed, it hadn't occurred in a while but the doctor said she might relapse.

That's it, it was her symptoms manifesting again. After all what other explanation was there? Antonio Sanders was locked away in some top notch prison; no way he could be standing in front of her. She would have to ask her mother to talk to her doctor and get a new prescription. Clearly her current meds had stopped working.

With a deep breath, she rubbed her eyes. Once. Twice. Again.

It's not him. It's not possible. She chanted like a mantra.

"Oh, but it is me, princess," came the reply. 

Begrudgingly, she let her hands fall down to her sides actually looking at her companion and taking into his appearance.

In front of her stood Antonio Sanders in all his former glory. With his hair cropped short, he featured a neatly trimmed beard. His eyes crinkled at the edges and his lips formed a sly smirk. In a grey tuxedo suit, he was leaning casually against the wall, arms folded, one foot up. It was as if no time had passed. It was still the same old Antonio. Calm, poised, charismatic, who never got his hands dirty. Ever.

If she hadn't seen the madman inside him, she would have mistaken the glint in his eyes for mischief. If she hadn't witnessed the chaos that followed his smile, she might have thought it was attractive. If only she wasn't subjected to his ugly side, she would have accepted that he was beautiful.

Because Antonio Sanders was beautiful, dangerously so, there was no denying that. And perhaps, it was his attractiveness and charisma that made him a lot more lethal.