Girl Meets Running

Chapter 48

Farkle's pov

"Farkle!" my head shot up to see Smackle standing over me. Her arms were crossed as she had been glaring at me.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking up from my book that I had been trying to finish. She held out a letter to me and I looked at her confused.

"Here, it's from Einstein Academy." she explained and I took it from her. She sat down across from me and I opened it, skimming through it.

"Are you in?" she asked with a smile and I sighed.

"I don't know, I'd have to leave everything-"

"Farkle, this is a dream of a lifetime!"

"But my family and friends," I sighed.

"You're worried about your friends?" she scoffed. "This is everything. This will make all of your dreams come true, don't let them hold you back."

"Can I think about it?" I asked, making her sigh.

"Sure," she stood up, "but just think about this."

Riley's pov

"What do I do if one of my friends says not to tell anybody but it's harming them?"

"Is this about Maya?" dad asked and I sighed.

"I can't say." I explained. "But what they told me is putting their life at risk." I told them.

"Then you need to tell someone." mom told me. "They might be mad at first, but you're saving them."

"Alright." I nodded and stood up. I grabbed my coat and slid on my boots about to leave.

"Aren't you gonna tell us?"

"I think someone needs to know first." I said and left. I shoved my hands in my pockets, sighing.

I knew this could ruin mine and Logan;s friendship, but hopefully I was doing the right thing. I went down the streets of New York, which were mostly empty since no one really came by the apartment complex, until I heard footsteps running behind me.

"Logan?" I asked s I saw her running.

"Go!" she yelled and grabbed my arm, pulling me along with her. Logan had been in shape, always been athletic and able to run five miles nonstop. But then there was me, not even able to run one.

"Where are we going?" I panted as she ran ahead.

"Just trust me." she snapped and turned to a sharp corner and pulled me with her. She stood with her back to a wall catching her breath and I copied. Soon after we saw a man run past and I felt myself about to scream, btu Logan covered my mouth. We waited a few seconds, then Logan looked at me.

"Alright, come on." she whispered and pulled me back out. We ran and crossed the street, running a few more blocks, until we reached the busy side of New York.

'What was that about!?" I yelled and Logan shushed me.

"It's nothing, I'm just glad we made it out of there alive." she chuckled, trying to lighten the mood, but I was too mad to laugh.

"This is getting way too out of hand. I'm telling Uncle Shawn," I officially told her and her eyes widened.

"You can't!" she said in a serious tone. "You promised-"

"Promised!?" I looked at her like she was cray. "If I don't tell him you could die! Did you see what just happened back there!?"

She stayed silent for a minute as we walked, but finally she looked at me with a glare, "You tell him and I will never talk to you again." We turned the corner to her apartment complex and I grabbed her arm.

"Well I'm sorry it's come to that."

A/N: GUYS THE BOOK IS ALMOST TO 10K VOTES! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Is Riley gonna tell? Or will Logan talk her out of it? And what's going on with Farkle and Smackle? Maybe another triangle ;)

Sorry I haven't been updating solo books. It's hard cause they take awhile to think of ideas for.

Thanks for reading! Please vote! :)