Chapter 1

**A/N: Above is Andrew Cooper who plays Abram. :D I tried to pick a picture that portrays how he feels in this chapter. **

I just want to come here and give a warning about this book and the next few. I was young when I wrote these (not that it's a good excuse) and I wrote some things that offend people. I realize that and I do apologize. However, I DO plan to do major editing with all of the books in this series eventually. If you could possibly look over the offensive parts and give them a try anyway I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I do apologize to those who are offended by certain aspects of these books. But please, try to keep in mind that it IS fiction and this is how I created the characters and sometimes characters can be assholes, it's not what I think at all. 

Abram paces the floor of his office for the fifth time that early morning. He didn't get any sleep from the nightmares so he stayed up catching up on paperwork. The stack of papers he was given only the day before is already halfway done, which doesn't mean much since he will only receive more today. Abram never gets a day off from all the paperwork and responsibilities.

A downfall of being Alpha.

A knock at his door has Abram's lip curling up in anger and disgust. He isn't looking forward to this meeting that has been set up for over a week and a half now. He would rather not face the men and women about to barge into his office at only eight in the morning.

Another knock, this one louder than the first.

Abram sighs loudly and tilts his head from side to side so his neck cracks. Then he moves slowly across his office to open the heavy wooden door. The room is soundproof from the inside out, but Abram can hear everything that goes on outside the office. He can even feel the powerful auras of the men and women waiting impatiently to be let in.

As soon as Abram pulls the door open a woman pushes her way in rudely. Definitely impatient. Abram forces his lip to not curl in disgust and to keep a blank face. Ten people in total move into the office, then Jonah, Abram's Beta, strides into the office last. Jonah gives Abram a 'kill me' look as he shuts the door behind him, making sure none of the newcomers saw.

"Are you aware of how rude it is to keep us waiting?" The woman who pushed in the door first asks in an irritated voice from over in a corner that she stands.

Her hair is a fiery red with sharp facial features. Her nose is long and sharp, her cheekbones high and sharp, even her blue eyes are sharp and slit into a sharp glare. She is definitely dressed the 'best' out of the three women that are among them. Although, Abram doesn't believe her outfit is entirely appropriate, especially for her position. Her dress is a blinding white with a plunging neckline that makes her large breasts practically pop out of it. The dress has half sleeves that go just below her elbows and it reaches just an inch or so below her knees. The dress is tight enough to show off her curves and that she most definitely has her bellybutton pierced. Then she wears an odd pair of white cropped boots. Abram hates her already.

Abram takes a deep silent breath through his nose before smiling as politely as he possibly can at her. "I am sorry to have kept you all waiting, I lost track of time doing paperwork and preparing for this meeting. My sincerest apologies, ma'am," He says with his head bowed low. He absolutely hates this position he is forced into.

"Next time you better look at that watch on your wrist," The woman spits out as she crosses her arms across her chest, making her breast push up even further. Abram quickly looks away from the immodest woman.

"Shall we do introductions?" A man asks. Abram turns slightly to the left to find the man leaning casually against the wall.

He wears a black and white suit, yet he looks the least stuck up out of them all. His hair is salt and pepper, he has laugh lines around his lips, and his forehead is wrinkled. His face is gentle and a smirk plays at his thinning lips. Abram quarks an eyebrow at him curiously.